HP DL360 G7. Replace P410 with H220

Associate
Hey all, wondered if anyone know the answer to my question.

I installed an HP H220 HBA into one of my lab servers to replace the P410i integrated into the HP DL360 G7. It came with two sas cables I assume for the backplane, since I already have the backplane in I am guessing that these cables are not needed?

I plugged the HBA and it gets detected. Unfortunately its not seeing anything to manage - so the hard disks I have plugged in aren't being seen. Any suggestions from you learned folk?

Associate
ive used the hp 241 12gb sas card and it came with some management software, in some cases hard disks wouldn't be detected until i think it was metadata that needed clearing, so the card sees the disk through the software but wouldn't let windows see it.

Associate
OP
Turns out its me being a spazz.... there are two SAS cables running from the backplane to the motherboard. I need to connect SAS cables from the backplane directly to the new HBA.

You are right, the H220 is out of the Gen 8 but works fine in the G7 as its an LSI controller. I need pass through mode in order for me to get a VSAN working. This host is the first one in my garage test network.

Now to source some sas cables that are the right length.... turning out an expensive project this!

Associate
Turns out its me being a spazz.... there are two SAS cables running from the backplane to the motherboard. I need to connect SAS cables from the backplane directly to the new HBA.

You are right, the H220 is out of the Gen 8 but works fine in the G7 as its an LSI controller. I need pass through mode in order for me to get a VSAN working. This host is the first one in my garage test network.

Now to source some sas cables that are the right length.... turning out an expensive project this!

Hi,
I know this is a very old post, but since I've also bought a H220 I expected it to work with my DL380 G7, but unfortunately inside the bios the card isn't recognized.
Any change you know why?

Back
Top Bottom