HP Microserver Gen8 NIC hell!

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Have a G8 HP microserver and an issue that is driving me nuts.

Has anyone had issues with the 2 nic ports on the G8? I've got server 2016 installed, drivers up to date, and although the nics are up and running, I can't ping anything nor hit 8.8.8.8 or one of our local DNS servers, network is set as unrecognised.

I've tried all sorts to get it going, but it just won't have it. This is after a rebuild too?

Man of Honour
Have a G8 HP microserver and an issue that is driving me nuts.

Has anyone had issues with the 2 nic ports on the G8? I've got server 2016 installed, drivers up to date, and although the nics are up and running, I can't ping anything nor hit 8.8.8.8 or one of our local DNS servers, network is set as unrecognised.

I've tried all sorts to get it going, but it just won't have it. This is after a rebuild too?

Disable ipv6 in the adapter settings sounds like I should sort it out. Is a good starting place at least, after that ip conflicts switch config etc. what does the rest of the setup look like?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
Disabled V6 with no joy, although thinking about it I may have only done it on one nic even though only one is in use so will try that too.

Patched into a couple of different ports on some meraki switches, with different cables on a standard vlan we use like everything else.

Still the same thing. Getting to the point where I may just give up and whack another nic in it if there is room, it's really strange.

Associate
Have you tried installing wireshark or netsh to see if there is any layer2 noise?
If you disable the firewall and look at the NIC traffic on another device while pinging it do you see any response to the arp who has?

Associate
We had an issue at work where our servers were being shipped with the same mac address for each NIC, no idea how the supplier managed not to update the MAC address but they did. This caused us similar problems to what you're having.

Have you ever been able to ping this machine?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
Finally sorted it, thanks for all the pointers as I say was at a total loss.

Turns out there is a bug in the meraki firmware 9, means that anything we put on our users vlan won't route properly. It's been fixed in 10 but thats beta at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom