HP Omen X35 curved, G-Sync, AMVA

Associate
It looks very promising, i just hope HP manage to get some consistency in the displays as that seems to be a real problem at the moment for other manufacturers. I've got my eye on this or Samsungs new 34" VA but i think i'll wait for reviews before i make any decisions.

Heck, with the Asus 4K HDR monitor reveal i might hold off on buying anything. I'd hate to drop £1k on a new monitor only to find out a slew of HDR monitors with higher refresh rates are on the horizon. A 3440x1440 version of that asus would be my ultimate dream monitor!

Associate
It looks very promising, i just hope HP manage to get some consistency in the displays as that seems to be a real problem at the moment for other manufacturers. I've got my eye on this or Samsungs new 34" VA but i think i'll wait for reviews before i make any decisions.

Heck, with the Asus 4K HDR monitor reveal i might hold off on buying anything. I'd hate to drop £1k on a new monitor only to find out a slew of HDR monitors with higher refresh rates are on the horizon. A 3440x1440 version of that asus would be my ultimate dream monitor!

Agreed, It looks nice but there is no mention of quantum dots or hdr support and it's using a VA panel which will no doubt have colour shift and bad viewing angles. Maybe the viewing angle issue is diminished by the 21:9 aspect ratio but still if I had to buy a 21:9 monitor tomorrow I would go for the PG348Q or the X34A as they use an IPS panel.

I have been patiently waiting to upgrade my monitor (Asus PB278Q 1440p) but there is nothing currently available that offers what I'm looking for:

21:9 3440x1440
IPS Panel
Gsync
HDR
1000 nits brightness
Local dimming zones
Thin bezel

Guess ill have to keep waiting....

Soldato
With HDR monitors around the corner, splashing out £1K on one without seems rather daft at this stage, unless you have the money to burn. There's no doubt HDR is going to be a game changer, but it's proliferation won't happen overnight.

Caporegime
Agreed, It looks nice but there is no mention of quantum dots or hdr support and it's using a VA panel which will no doubt have colour shift and bad viewing angles. Maybe the viewing angle issue is diminished by the 21:9 aspect ratio but still if I had to buy a 21:9 monitor tomorrow I would go for the PG348Q or the X34A as they use an IPS panel.

I have been patiently waiting to upgrade my monitor (Asus PB278Q 1440p) but there is nothing currently available that offers what I'm looking for:

21:9 3440x1440
IPS Panel
Gsync
HDR
1000 nits brightness
Local dimming zones
Thin bezel

Guess ill have to keep waiting....

In my case my list is as follows

at least 34"
3440x1600
100Hz+
OLED
Gsync
HDR
Curved
No more than £1000.

I might be waiting some time...............:)

Associate

I too am in the same predicament. Are there any models that have been hinted at? I'm currently trying to see if there is anything on the horizon that might be worth waiting for. Presumably if it wasn't shown at CES it'll be 6 or so months away? I haven't seen anything though...

We always seems to be stuck in the endless wait cycle!

Associate
That 4k hdr asus looks like it'll be absolutely stunning. I just wish there was a 32"+ version on the cards. I'm on xb271hu right now which is great but I'd rather have more real estate which makes the omen an obvious choice!

Associate
I too am in the same predicament. Are there any models that have been hinted at? I'm currently trying to see if there is anything on the horizon that might be worth waiting for. Presumably if it wasn't shown at CES it'll be 6 or so months away? I haven't seen anything though...

We always seems to be stuck in the endless wait cycle!

Nope nothing has even been hinted at regarding a HDR superwide as far as I know. These new VA panels do look good though and i think i'd prefer one over the current range of IPS displays. There's a good review of the AOC 35" here which i'm assuming is using the same panel that will be in the HP Omen so it looks promising.

Associate
Major online retailer has them pre order with March 6th availability in the states. I know they've been available for pre order for ages across the pond so maybe take this with a pinch of salt.

Looking forward to getting one!

Associate
OP
I bought an NEC LCD24WMGX3 Professional Gaming 24" before sticking with my current HP IPS many years ago, it had issues (the Lagom testing site produced odd results ) and I thought the panel itself might have been faulty, so I'm hoping so many years down the line the technology has improved significantly hence why I'm really keen on this new HP.

Back
Top Bottom