*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
I said goodbye to my G2 last monday after 10 months of enjoyable ownership. all in all i think they're a fantastic hmd. it had some idiosyncrasies like half of my desktop icons would disappear when wmr ran, had a few 7-14 errors, the most troublesome problem was distorted sound at 100% volume sometimes so I never had it full volume. but overall a great hmd, I would recommend it wholeheartedly to simmers.

Soldato
I said goodbye to my G2 last monday after 10 months of enjoyable ownership. all in all i think they're a fantastic hmd. it had some idiosyncrasies like half of my desktop icons would disappear when wmr ran, had a few 7-14 errors, the most troublesome problem was distorted sound at 100% volume sometimes so I never had it full volume. but overall a great hmd, I would recommend it wholeheartedly to simmers.

did you get the updated cable as that seems to have solved all the issues i had with mine (and these were very similar to yours.).. if it does have the V1 cable you may want to let your purchaser know that they can get a free upgrade from HP (perhaps you will need to get it for them, i am not certain)

Associate
did you get the updated cable as that seems to have solved all the issues i had with mine (and these were very similar to yours.).. if it does have the V1 cable you may want to let your purchaser know that they can get a free upgrade from HP (perhaps you will need to get it for them, i am not certain)
I can't get the upgraded cable as i bought the G2 second hand from germany, the warranty wasn't in my name. If the buyer contacts me with problems (i told them about the sound issue) i'll certainly point them in the direction of HP for a new cable.

Associate
I received my replacement G2 cable a couple of weeks ago. I genuinely had no idea they wanted the old one sent back so it went in the bin as it was completely dead (they made no mention of returning the old one when I was on the phone)

Well it seems they REALLY want it back because I've had loads of emails and missed calls (all ignored) about it since then.

Not sure if I should answer the phone next time and tell them what happened or just keep ignoring and hope they finally give up lol

Has this happened to anyone else? they wont really try and charge me for the new one will they? :eek:

Soldato
OP
I arranged a return with DHL and they never picked it up. They called and emailed a few times but eventually gave up. So I have a spare.

I don't exactly feel bad about it. They're most likely going to go straight to landfill as soon as they get them back. So I'll keep it as a spare. It's not my problem really :D

Associate
I arranged a return with DHL and they never picked it up. They called and emailed a few times but eventually gave up. So I have a spare.

I don't exactly feel bad about it. They're most likely going to go straight to landfill as soon as they get them back. So I'll keep it as a spare. It's not my problem really :D

Interesting, thanks.

Yeah I think I'll just hold tight and they'll hopefully just go away :D

Dont see what else they can do reallly. Cant see them taking me to court or anything...

Associate
Just ordered from the HP store, under £500 for the controller less version thanks to £50 off for Black Friday. Hopefully it comes with the V2 cable.

Saw on Reddit they are looking to make the new slimline face plate available. Will be good to have the option available, not sure if I'll want it given I will be going for prescription lense inserts. Time to book an eye test and see if my prescription has changed first.

Soldato
Picked up a G2 and it runs rather nicely with the 1070 and half res but I accidentally picked up a 3070 in last nights FE stock drop, it's expensive hanging around these parts :D

lol @ accidentally........ i did the same with a 3090.... i tend to make a lot of mistakes like that with cool tech.

honestly tho, any FE gpus are like hens teeth, its a no brainer to get one... you could probably get a chunk of the price back by selling your 1070 such are the bonkers prices right now .

Soldato
I too accidentally picked up a 3090FE last January, but it arrived a couple of days later. :D
At the time I thought it was excessive and probably not worth the money, but given the card shortage has got worse the cost was worth it just for the peace of mind and not having to constantly jump on stock alerts.
Since then I'm really glad I got it because high-end VR really makes use of that power and memory.

Back
Top Bottom