HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Associate
That's absolutely horrifying. I feel bad for SA.
I am very lucky I got mine on Monday.
Those of you who didn't cancel- rooting for you to get it on the 15th.

I doubt I'll ever buy anything from HP again.

/my headset is amazing, sweetspot- clarity- and very high FPS in Skyrim with my 1070. Very satisfied. Hang on guys.

Associate
Did they email you back
I got a generic response back.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP.

We have a dedicated team for your query. Please feel free to contact them at :
Post Sales - 0207 660 3859 then press option 1 then 3.
[email protected]

Should you have any questions or further needs, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,

HP Store
Printing & Personal Systems UK

They have assigned a whole team to deal with my issue and I could even contact them. Ok, great, problem solved. :D

Associate
Anyone here ordered theirs at the end of November? I ordered the headset only (no controllers) as that was the only option for Xmas delivery but havent had any updates since. Im aware SA are busy right now and I'm probably near the end of the line... but still, if it doesnt get delivered in time I will be very disappointed (with HP not SA) considering I had the chance to order through their store, with controllers too.

Anyway I also wrote HP an email saying what I think about all of this.

Soldato
I doubt I'll ever buy anything from HP again

They have certainly burnt a lot of good faith

Despite my mild issues with the USB causing occasional grief with the audio, I am very happy overall with the headset... so in all honesty if they bring out good products I’d still buy.

Preorder from them again though, not a chance!

Associate
Just got an email from SA. My G2 was delayed to 15-th. Indeed HP has sold my G2 to Just-Dave :).
No seriously, jokes aside, this is infuriating.
Only just seen this, been to busy in the Owners Thread :p:p:D

You would be glad anyway,
One of the speakers is dodgy and a possible head tracking issue lol, more that likely a nvidia driver issue, but this one will be going back at some point, when they let me know

Last edited:
Associate
Only just seen this, been to busy in the Owners Thread :p:p:D

You would be glad anyway,
One of the speakers is dodgy and a possible head tracking issue lol, more that likely a nvidia driver issue, but this one will be going back at some point, when they let me know

What makes you say the dodgy speaker would be an nVidia issue?

Associate
Have you tried taking it off and refitting it? Make sure the screw is nice and snug.
I haven't mate to be honest, I didn't really want to mess with it as I'm unsure if that at all effects the warranty,
The screw looks visibly fine,
Having spent time with it, think I've come to the decision to get a refund rather than a swap,
I'm just not wowed by it like I had hoped I would be,
I've spent so much time to tinkering with settings in games, it was a while before I sat down and tried to enjoy it, and when I did, I found it quite uncomfortable, and over all just a bit..... meh lol
Think I'm going to invest the money back into a 4k monitor and maybe look back at vr in the future.

Associate
I haven't mate to be honest, I didn't really want to mess with it as I'm unsure if that at all effects the warranty,
Having spent time with it, think I've come to the decision to get a refund rather than a swap,
I've spent so much time to tinkering with settings in games, it was a while before I sat down and tried to enjoy it, and when I did, I found it quite uncomfortable, and over all just a bit..... meh lol
Think I'm going to invest the money back into a 4k monitor and maybe look back at vr in the future.
Wait a second! :mad:
So you bought my G2, to now abandon ship and get a miserable 4k pancake? :D:D:D

Enjoy your future pancake though. Get an LG CX, it's the second best thing after VR (I have none, it's an uninformed opinion).

Associate

Can you see 3d properly? I have a friend who didn't like 3d and turned out he actually has no depth perception. His brain doesn't combine the two eye views into a 3d view. Apparently as much as 10% of the population might have this problem.
So for them , VR is just a 360 degree video, not a mindblowing experience.

I tried watching movies in bigscreen beta- VR theatre- and it's amazing. Maybe the quality varies between individual headsets? I heard about clarity problems, but tbh, I am blown away.

Associate
Can you see 3d properly? I have a friend who didn't like 3d and turned out he actually has no depth perception. His brain doesn't combine the two eye views into a 3d view. Apparently as much as 10% of the population might have this problem.
So for them , VR is just a 360 degree video, not a mindblowing experience.

I tried watching movies in bigscreen beta- VR theatre- and it's amazing. Maybe the quality varies between individual headsets? I heard about clarity problems, but tbh, I am blown away.
Yeah can see all the 3d fine mate,
Dont get me wrong there has definitely been some wow moments but overall I've felt a little underwhelmed,
I cant see myself strapping it to my head and playing for hours on end, more like 15 minutes here and there,

Soldato
Fair enough! To me I could always understand that some people definitely wouldn’t be happy with the resolution trade off of going in VR... I was always happy to compromise just because of the immersion I got for racing and flying. Now the resolution trade off is largely fixed (still not quite as sharp as playing on a 1440p or 4k, but waaaay better than back in the CV1 or Vive days!) but even with current state of the art GPUs you are instead still having to make your sim games look worse by significantly lowering settings to get them to run... so I get it. Not a resolution trade off so much, but still a visual compromise.

Out of interest did you try anything like Alyx?

Just as an FYI to anyone else who is keeping their headset, you can remove and refit the speakers with no impact on warranty, it’s actually what they suggest you to do if you have any cutting out.

You undo that one screw and the whole speaker arm just comes off - there are little pogo pin connectors on the arm that interface with pads on the headset strap. My right speaker would cut out if being moved around too much, reseated it and no problems since.

Associate
Yeah I tried Alyx pal,
And that game is certainly a example of what the future of vr standards should be, but 15 mins and I've had enough,
I find myself constantly adjusting the headset for comfort and to find the "sweetspot" maybe I just have a weird face lol

Back
Top Bottom