HSBC Student loan thingy

4p

4p

Soldato
Mate showed it me college and cant get hold of him

Basically it was a £1250 overdraft limit

0% Interest

Pay 1250 back whenever you can

I need a link, cant find one - Can some kind soul find? ;)

And my real question is, what do you guys think (if i get the info/link)

4p

4p

Soldato
OP
frakker said:
That was from the MoneySavingExpert email this week, which might be of interest to those thinking about choosing HSBC.

Cheers m8, thanks a lot :)

Will look elsewhere

Close thread if you wish mods, unless further discussion or 'notice' to others might be needed

Associate
Tenzen said:
They ahve scapped 0% interest now.

Only on loans from the student loans company, student bank loans aren’t affected Banks still offer interest free student/graduate loans. I just got a £2000 interest free loan from the royal bank of Scotland, pay back £84 a month over 2 years.

My bank also gives me a £2000 interest free overdraft.

Soldato
frakker said:
That was from the MoneySavingExpert email this week, which might be of interest to those thinking about choosing HSBC.

Thats for GRADUATES though, not under-graduates.

It basically means that graduates with an overdraft with HSCBC need to get a new account with another bank, and use that overdraft to pay off the HSBC one. Silly, isn't it?

Soldato
Deiwos said:
Thats for GRADUATES though, not under-graduates.

It basically means that graduates with an overdraft with HSCBC need to get a new account with another bank, and use that overdraft to pay off the HSBC one. Silly, isn't it?
And likely to lose them a lot of customers. If they start charging interest on mine I'm off and i wont be going back.

Soldato
DannyDan said:
And likely to lose them a lot of customers. If they start charging interest on mine I'm off and i wont be going back.

They'll make a fortune on the poor graduates that don't realise until it's too late.

Good job I'm with Natwest, and my aunt is my bank manager :D

Soldato
DannyDan said:
HSBC won't care losing customers - in fact it is what they want to do at the moment.

They losts *millions* on their graduate 100% mortgage (hence now only 95% max now). It seemed (naturally) people were more willing to default on their mortgage if they didn't pay a deposit. HSBC doesn't sell the property themselves, instead selling all defaulted properties onto a third party for about 40-60% market value.

Back
Top Bottom