HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

Associate
I'm thinking about cancelling my order and then I read this ^^ GAHSO*******ANNOYING CHOOSING A PHONE :)

Yeah am in the same situation, very annoying! I can upgrade tomorrow but am torn between the HD, the g1, touch pro and bb storm! Simply cannot decide :/

Caporegime
I'm thinking about cancelling my order and then I read this ^^ GAHSO*******ANNOYING CHOOSING A PHONE :)

Can't you just go and play with them and make your own mind up? Surely it makes more sense than relying on someones off the cuff comment about how they're thinking of swapping their Omnia for it to make your mind up about cancelling orders. :)

Soldato
I agree with Richdog. I read lots about this phone on the xda-developers sight, both the pros and cons. Was very tempted to jump on the band wagon and order one as it sounded like an awesome device. But everyones opinions are different and also everyone wants something different out of a phone. So I held of and then managed to try one in an Orange shop, liked it but wanted to play with one for a lot longer. So ordered a phone on contract etc thus I had 7 days to play with it.

Personally I have a few niggles with the phone, but love the screen as I do quite a bit of internet browsing and the GPS will come in handy. The camera wasn't an issue as I have a proper camera. I also love to tinker with things as you can see from my sig I have a watercooled system so am not shy to playing around with stuff. I can't wait for what is to come on this device and if they get Android onto the HD then boy will that be something to use. Anyway enough of my ramblings its too early.

Caporegime
Does anyone know if you can change the unlimited text bundle to web yet?

I know nobody has this phone on O2 but I assume othe rphones with the same bundle are around.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can change the unlimited text bundle to web yet?

I know nobody has this phone on O2 but I assume othe rphones with the same bundle are around.

No definite answer, but I'd think you can't. It isn't defined as an acutal bolt-on, so they probably won't let you change it. Of course, the phones probably won't every be available on mobiles.co.uk anyway, so it's moot ;)

Soldato
I just called mobiles.co.uk for ****s and giggles really. Got through really easily which was nice. The lady said they don't have stock, then she said they will get stock when O2 approve the phone and that this is expected within the next two weeks.

She said that if I can find another deal elsewhere, then I can call up and cancel with Mobiles.co.uk, which I found really odd. Why would they suggest I cancel it?

I made sure that the order was left open as I don't really mind waiting for it. I have been using the same phone for 2 years, another few weeks won't hurt. It would be nice to have it before Xmas though

Soldato
I just called mobiles.co.uk for ****s and giggles really. Got through really easily which was nice. The lady said they don't have stock, then she said they will get stock when O2 approve the phone and that this is expected within the next two weeks.

She said that if I can find another deal elsewhere, then I can call up and cancel with Mobiles.co.uk, which I found really odd. Why would they suggest I cancel it?

I made sure that the order was left open as I don't really mind waiting for it. I have been using the same phone for 2 years, another few weeks won't hurt. It would be nice to have it before Xmas though

You'll get it before Christmas, don't worry. Christmas 2015 ;)

Soldato
people who bought the xperia x1 managed to get the unlimited texts change to unlimited web, but if you read over on the xperiax1.net forums many had to threaten to cancle their contracts to get it done. so if(big if especially before christmas by the looks of things, november is all but over now) mobiles finally get the touch hd delivered, just need to phone up o2 and see what happens.

for anyone that got it on the orange contract(+ a few on the vodaphone) you might want to try the skyfire browser, has full flash support so can get iplayer, youtube etc in the browser. need to use a 'hack'(well install a cab) for it tho, link

Caporegime
people who bought the xperia x1 managed to get the unlimited texts change to unlimited web, but if you read over on the xperiax1.net forums many had to threaten to cancle their contracts to get it done. so if(big if especially before christmas by the looks of things, november is all but over now) mobiles finally get the touch hd delivered, just need to phone up o2 and see what happens.

for anyone that got it on the orange contract(+ a few on the vodaphone) you might want to try the skyfire browser, has full flash support so can get iplayer, youtube etc in the browser. need to use a 'hack'(well install a cab) for it tho, link

Did they ring up mobiles or O2 for that?

I just wish the HD would actually come to O2 proper, I don't really want to cancel my contract atm but the HD is really persuading me.

Associate
I found this on Voda..

200mins, 1000txts, unlimited data for £35/month with the phone free.

I'm tempted.

That does sound quite tempting, wish i wasnt so tied down to orange!

Trouble is i cant really cancel my orange contract being only 15 months into it (18 month contract), however i can upgrade but the amount they charge is just stupid for this phone.:(

Associate
That does sound quite tempting, wish i wasnt so tied down to orange!

Trouble is i cant really cancel my orange contract being only 15 months into it (18 month contract), however i can upgrade but the amount they charge is just stupid for this phone.:(

I have a few months left on my orange contract but at £35/month i have 3 months left the £105 left is just like paying for an upgrade. :)

Associate
I took a plunge and ordered this phone on Orange via phones4u, on getting the phone I was smitten but became rather sensible, and realising I had 2 months till my upgrade was due, decided to call phones4u and cancel the contract and arrange to send the phone back and I would then take it as an upgrade come Janauary. So I call 1 day after delivery and ask to cancel and the 'Contracts Manager' just kept making offer after offer. Ended up getting a cheque for £120 to keep the phone, which pays the two months remaining on my current contract plus leaves me with £70 spare. Result.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom