HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

Caporegime
I took a plunge and ordered this phone on Orange via phones4u, on getting the phone I was smitten but became rather sensible, and realising I had 2 months till my upgrade was due, decided to call phones4u and cancel the contract and arrange to send the phone back and I would then take it as an upgrade come Janauary. So I call 1 day after delivery and ask to cancel and the 'Contracts Manager' just kept making offer after offer. Ended up getting a cheque for £120 to keep the phone, which pays the two months remaining on my current contract plus leaves me with £70 spare. Result.

You are now tied into an awful contract with the worst mobile telecoms provider. Result! :p

Caporegime
Yeah unfortunately HTC seem to have a real problem when it comes to signal strength... I have no idea why they seem unable to improve in that respect.

Soldato
don't know if any of you have noticed but there appears to be a huge mistake on the orange website, they have the £20/month on 24month contract with the phone for £29.50(only mentions it on the canary 25 but I checked and its seems to give £29.50 for the other £20/month 24month contract price plans as well).

Soldato
don't know if any of you have noticed but there appears to be a huge mistake on the orange website, they have the £20/month on 24month contract with the phone for £29.50(only mentions it on the canary 25 but I checked and its seems to give £29.50 for the other £20/month 24month contract price plans as well).

A BIG thankyou :)

Just ordered one of these, on Racoon25.
500mins/100txts month (be lucky if I text half that!)
£20/month (current tarrif on O2 is £45/month)
TouchHD £29.50 cool

Seems a bargain to me!

Just got confirmation email, phone arrives tuesday.

Cheers
Mick

Soldato
flyingfish I've just looked and they've sorted out the obvious mistake and the price of the phone is now back up to £293, I wouldn't be suprised if your order either gets cancled or you get hit with the remaining £270 or so(if neither of those 2 happen, then you're very luck person. tho I personally wouldn't want to be stuck on a 2yr contract with orange).

Soldato
Well after seeing your post here and the posts at xda developers, I've been half expecting Orange to send some sort of cancellation email.(offer not available). But nothing yet, and the 30 quid for the phone was taken from my credit card today..

Soon find out tommorrow if a HD turns up. :D

The missus has been on Orange for years and so have a few mates, been asking and none have had any troubles.

Being on a contract for 2 years doesnt bother me, esp if I'm getting 500mins for £20. My current O2 contract ends in a couple of months so I'll just drop it to a low talk plan for the remainder. Currently £45 for 600mins :eek:

Soldato
Got the hd today, bloomin 'ell its sexy :D

Just on the phone now getting it activated.

The screen is just amazing, esp compared to my old xda orbit. Cant wait to load some of my apps onto it. Came with a 8gb mem card, and although I only turned it on a few minutes ago I cant see much in the way of Orange branding :)

Caporegime
Got the hd today, bloomin 'ell its sexy :D

Just on the phone now getting it activated.

The screen is just amazing, esp compared to my old xda orbit. Cant wait to load some of my apps onto it. Came with a 8gb mem card, and although I only turned it on a few minutes ago I cant see much in the way of Orange branding :)

So some browsing and get back to us. :D

Soldato
What is the best package to get included data? My normal usage is <50 texts and <100 minutes but will use data a lot more. (Push mail, and access to PDF, wiki etc.)

Really loving the look of this phone and will have an explorer in the Orange shop.

Soldato
OP
I thin im going to be the same as Trifid here, i dont use many texts, <100 month and about 200-300mins a month is pleanty for me as i use works phone a lot anyway.

What im worried about is the amount of browsing i do, which i love doing and not always near a WIFI spot. So to me the 250mb a month, although is pleanty for emails, for browsing and forum posting, wont last me that long... and Orange dont seem to have a better plan for me either, which is the primary reason i have not got one of these phones yet and waiting for other networks to pick it up.

Still, if i knew someone had one and i could have a play with it, might change my mind lol.

Back
Top Bottom