HTC One M8 help -force close web pages

Associate
I've just had my screen replaced on my HTC One M8 and it's causing me a couple of issues. I'm not sending it back to the repair place as from what I can gather reading online reviews of the place I'm lucky to have received it back at all, especially this side of Xmas 2017!

The problem I have is that I cannot navigate on the internet anymore as the top edge of my screen where I'd normally close tabs or open new pages or refresh pages no longer works. All it does if I touch this area is bring down the notification tab. For example, my internet is now stuck on a webpage and won't go back (good job it's not an inappropriate site!). Nor can I open a new page or tab.

My screen will no longer rotate either so I can't try it in landscape mode. I've tried every fix I can find online to get my Gyroscope thing working and I think I'll have to just live with it in permanent portrait mode.

Is there a way I can force close the internet page and refresh it to it's default page without using the now inaccessible icons at the top of the page?

Or is there a way I can disable the notification bar completely (not just change what's displayed there)?

Soldato
this happend to my HTC M8, the top part of the screen stopped working. the pull down menu almost impossible to get at. I had to send it off to be replaced. Not that it's much help, but you can go into the service menu and test exactly which part of the screen is not working.

On HTC devices, you have to open the phone app or dialer and type *#*#3424#*#* to open the diagnostic menu. This code might not work on all HTC devices but it works every time on the HTC One M8 and One M7. Through this menu you can check if your phone has any dead or stuck pixels

when it happened on mine, looking around on forums etc suggested that it gets worse over time and the dead part of the screen gets more and more

Back
Top Bottom