HTC phone issue. Power only turns screen off for 3secs

Soldato
As title really. Got the one s and I cannot figure it out. Anyone had anything similar

If it's anything like previous HTC phones, there will be a setting called 'Fastboot'

You need to untick that.

EDIT: Do you mean you're trying to lock the phone?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
The screen doesn't stay off. I click the power button and it goes off for 3seconds then comes backs on automatically

Associate
Factory reset? If it's brand new and you ain't got anything on it, then won't do any harm. If it still does it after a factory reset, then get it exchanged instore.

Soldato
I know what the OP is talking about and I have seen it with my One X, you quickly press the power button just to turn off the screen and it immediately turns back on again.

I normally find when it happens to me that it's when I'm trying to do it one handed and I've accidentally hit one of the "buttons" at the bottom of the phone at either the same time of immediately after hitting the power button. Trying again more carefully and it normally works fine.

Permabanned
OP
I know what the OP is talking about and I have seen it with my One X, you quickly press the power button just to turn off the screen and it immediately turns back on again.

I normally find when it happens to me that it's when I'm trying to do it one handed and I've accidentally hit one of the "buttons" at the bottom of the phone at either the same time of immediately after hitting the power button. Trying again more carefully and it normally works fine.

ahh no not this issue mate. I know what your on about too, I had it with my Sensation.

Top Bottom