Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 - Continual Infrequent loss of 4G Signal?

Associate
I've got my CPE Pro 2 in a good position, decent signal and it works well.... when it works.

I am finding that I am losing the 4G signal frequently, a couple of times a week at least. A reboot brings it back.

I tried my mums simple Three 4G router for a week and this worked flawlessly with zero drops.

Has anyone else experienced this on the CPE Pro 2 and get a resolution? Or would you just recommend getting a different brand instead and if so what?

Man of Honour
Maybe different frequency/feature support - playing around with different devices I found a more advanced device which was utilising both bands 1 (2100MHz) and 20 (800MMHz) was more problematic than just connecting via 2100MHz despite being a rural area with long distances involved - though the direct line of sight is blocked by a hill with trees on it.

2100MHz works pretty much flawlessly with zero drops, but as soon as 800MHz or just 800MHz enters the equation reliability drops off for some reason (this can easily be the opposite in other places).

Caporegime
So far so good... It's garbage.

I can peak out at 800mbits on 5G on my old router with this in bridge mode, but now with about 35 devices on it, this pos can barely reach 300mbits even over Ethernet.

Associate
OP
I have done a factory reset to no avail. I've actually decided to just replace it with another 4g unit from TPLink and so far not one issue or reboot needed (I don't need 5g).

Back
Top Bottom