Huawei mate 10

Soldato
My girlfriend also upgraded to a P10 and as you say, a very good phone indeed.

Sorry to OT this a tad, but how is your girlfriend getting on with the P10? My wife has just had to return hers for repair at CPW as it refuses to Bluetooth to her car, or to my Pixel for that matter.

The P10 will pair, but won't connect past that, almost like there's a handshake it's trying at and failing.

Only had it a little over a month and CPW were almost zero help, and certainly my didn't give a flying **** about issues. Oh, and they have a three attempts thing too - so off for a 2 week repair, then (if issues persist) a further 2 more times before they'll supply a new P10!

Seems to be a fair few issues with P10s and Bluetooth, and the usual fixes haven't sorted them

Soldato
The battery on this is impressive. Granted, I've been at home on my days off work so mainly using my laptop but I have used the phone in the car for sat nav and music a couple of times as well as a video call earlier.

sw18dj2.jpg.png

Even for standby time without battery saving enabled, that's excellent (in my eyes anyway).

Soldato
I've just this second asked her and she's had no issues.

Thanks for checking that - seems like she's got a dud then; which is a real shame, as I thought it was quite a stunning phone looks/spec-wise - I even quite liked the EMUI on it.

Oh well, seems going for CEO level at CPW has helped, as they have offered her a switch to a different handset, so it's looking like she'll either go for an S7 Edge, or [shudder] back to an iPhone!

Associate
I've had this phone for about a week now and have to say it's excellent. I've come from a Sony Xperia Z5 and the difference is night and day. The call quality, network reception and wifi really are superb.

I usually have a Spigen case on my phone's and noticed they do one for the mate 10. Does anybody have one? If so, any good? Or any other case recommendations?

Soldato
seriously considering a mate 10 pro to replace my oneplus 3. Just a quick question for anyone with a mate 10 or pro, do banking apps work Ok with Huawei?

Soldato
I caved and obtained the firmware update from the Funky Huawei fella.

Was painless and it's maintained the data and vodafone presence on the phone. (for better or worse)

Only interesting part was that it's no longer a C432. It's a C782 but keeps the BLA-L09 tag.

It was a handset branded to the EU, running a UK variant. Very strange devices Vodafone have here.

Before: BLA-L09 8.0.0.115 (C432)
After: BLA-L09 8.0.0.124 (C782)

I just don't get that at all.

Now on 8.0.0.124 and there are a couple of things i've noticed. Lots of new options within the camera, specifically editing tools.

Phone also feels snappier, but could be placebo. Could've sworm my signal has gotten worse, but then it's hard to tell with Vodafone. One minute im five bars, next its on 3 without warning.

Associate
seriously considering a mate 10 pro to replace my oneplus 3. Just a quick question for anyone with a mate 10 or pro, do banking apps work Ok with Huawei?

Llyods works fine on mine. Strangely though Strava doesn't, although I think that's down location services and my lack of brains to fix it!

Associate
After much deliberation over which phone to upgrade to, I've settled on the Mate 10 Pro today. All being well it should arrive next week.

I have gone down the route with sourcing an international one (duties paid) due to lack of availability of obtaining one below £600 in this country, plus I opted for the Mocha Brown variant. Some brand new ones by UK sellers on the bay can be had for under £600 but a lot are locked to the likes of Vodafone or other networks - plus all UK models are only available in Titanium Grey.

Will post up my thoughts on it shortly after it arrives.

Liam.

Soldato
I've always had a soft spot for Huawei devices and think EMUI isn't half bad. I was all set to buy the U11+ but decided against it and that was cemented by the shocking bad customer service I received from HTC when trying to cancel the order.

I weighed the Pros and Coins between the Mate 10 and Pro and decided to pull the trigger with the 10 as expandable memory and headphone jack was too important for me to lose if I opted for the 10 Pro.

Bought the International version three days ago and it arrived today.

The phone has blown me away. It is smaller than I imagined. As soon as so booted it up I received notification of a software update which included several improvements and November security update which is a great start by Huawei.

It's early days but suffice to say I'm impressed...

Associate
I've always had a soft spot for Huawei devices and think EMUI isn't half bad. I was all set to buy the U11+ but decided against it and that was cemented by the shocking bad customer service I received from HTC when trying to cancel the order.

I weighed the Pros and Coins between the Mate 10 and Pro and decided to pull the trigger with the 10 as expandable memory and headphone jack was too important for me to lose if I opted for the 10 Pro.

Bought the International version three days ago and it arrived today.

The phone has blown me away. It is smaller than I imagined. As soon as so booted it up I received notification of a software update which included several improvements and November security update which is a great start by Huawei.

It's early days but suffice to say I'm impressed...

Sounds like a worthwhile purchase :)

Funny enough I was also torn between the Mate 10 & the Mate 10 Pro, originally I did place an order for the ordinary Mate 10 last week via an international supplier but in the end cancelled the order as I decided that I wouldn't be able to get used to both the software on screen buttons together with the front finger print reader being not aligned together (I'm coming from a OnePlus 3, and being too used to the navigation buttons along with the front finger print reader all along the same length along the screen)... though I still think the footprint on the Mate 10 together with the classis 2560x1440 16:9 screen is excellent. If the fingerprint reader was on the rear like the Mate 10 Pro then I would probably have it right now. I straight away placed the order for the Mate 10 Pro straight afterwards and again an international version, I was hoping to get a brand new one from the bay but a lot of their are either locked or people are asking too much money.

Thankfully after rummaging the various phone shops in my local town (Vodafone, O2 & CPW not stocking them despite stupidly advertising it) I was able to have a go with the Mate 10 Pro in Three, so I know what to expect.

I'm hoping my Mate 10 Pro arrives tomorrow and arrives in one piece, we will see. Where did you order your Mate 10 out of interest if you don't mind me asking & along as it does not interfere with competitor rules on here?

Liam.

Soldato
^I think the best place for the fingerprjnt scanner is on the rear and if the Mate 10 had it on the rear the phone would have been even better. TBH I really don't mind as my main essentials with a phone are the headphone jack and expandible memory which are both vital to me.

The Mate 10 Pro is an awesome device too however without the two essential features that I needed the device was ruled out plus the 18:9 (even though it's the in thing for 2017) I still very much prefer a 16:9 ratio screen. I guess I'm old fashioned like that.

I bought my device from Wondamobile as with all the other devices I have imported. They are highly trustworthy..

Hope this helps Mate

Back
Top Bottom