HUGE UK Broadband and Mobile Price Hikes in 2022

Soldato
Man of Honour
Cost of living looks like it is going to climb significantly in 2022 :( and those that are going to be hit hardest will be those least able to afford it.

Soldato
I suppose I should be feeling smug at geting my fibre broadband at £34 / month, locked in for 24 months.

Not until you tell us speeds...

I locked my fibre in at £32 for 24 months but it's just the 150/30 down/up so nothing fancy these days. Enough for me though as it lets me see UHD on the streaming services which is the highest quality they do so far (Netflix/Prime/Disney etc)

Unfortunately I can only go with BT where I am so can't price war with others...

Caporegime
Not until you tell us speeds...

I locked my fibre in at £32 for 24 months but it's just the 150/30 down/up so nothing fancy these days. Enough for me though as it lets me see UHD on the streaming services which is the highest quality they do so far (Netflix/Prime/Disney etc)

Unfortunately I can only go with BT where I am so can't price war with others...
The speeds suggest either gfast or FTTP? Why are you tied in?

Caporegime
FTTP... I can get faster but don't see the point.

I signed into a 24 month contract around April 2021. Doesn't bother me because, as I say, no other ISPs do FTTP here yet... I could go Virgin but not sure I'd save much and they always seem to have issues
BT use Openreach infrastructure so you should have half a dozen options even now? Talk talk, Sky, EE, Vodafone maybe too.

Caporegime
It's sick how little you pay in the UK for broadband and mobile data especially.

I pay about £50 quid PCM for a 5G sim with a 50gb per day fup.

You can get that for about a tenner right?
Does my nut in. :p

Caporegime
It's sick how little you pay in the UK for broadband and mobile data especially.

I pay about £50 quid PCM for a 5G sim with a 50gb per day fup.

You can get that for about a tenner right?
Does my nut in. :p
50GB per DAY? You can get unlimited SIMs but I think they're a bit more than £10. And 5G coverage, unless you're in a big city is really nonexistent.

Soldato
BT use Openreach infrastructure so you should have half a dozen options even now? Talk talk, Sky, EE, Vodafone maybe too.

I did try at the time but I think that it was only BT as it's a fairly recent fibre upgrade to the network so the others haven't quite got around to offering from the exchange yet

It may have changed by now but not at the time. 8 have checked a few times though and the deal is quite competitive so not overly fussed.

Back
Top Bottom