Humanscale freedom vs Aeron Miller remastered - quality of materials

Associate
I have tried both chairs, the remastered Aeron Miller and the Humanscale freedom. Impression of both chairs

• I like the mesh of the Aeron Miller and felt comfortable in a size B, however I only tried it for 20 minutes.
  • The Humanscale freedom I tried it for 1 week and liked how easy is to use and the integrated headrest.

Both are great for me, but want to buy one with the idea of working from home more than 40 hours. I am 1.70m and 80kg. My concerns are :

• I live in a humid city ( Sydney, Australia) . If I chose the freedom, would that be uncomfortable during the hot months?. Obviously, the Aeron will be better in this weather.
  • The padding of the freedom is comfortable but I guess that after a couple of years I will need to replace it or use extra padding and dont like the idea of spending $1000 just to replace it after 5 years of use. Would the mesh of the Aeron last longer?
  • The warranty of the Aeron Miller seems better than the freedom. I am concern about the quality of the arms in the freedom. Is really easy to move them which probably makes them easier to break.
  • I would like to buy a chair with headrest, which then means spending another $250aud on a headrest for the Aeron.

The Aeron Miller remastered 2nd cost around $800 and new $1700 aud, which is a lot of money, but is it worth buying the Aeron Miller for piece of mind?. Would the mesh last longer than the padding of the freedom?

Any experience with the padding of the freedom after 4-5 years?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom