Humble Monthly - August 2017

Associate
After being a subscriber for near enough a year now, I have to say this month is absolutely fantastic!

Pillars of Eternity
NBA2K17
War for the Overworld
Offworld Trading Company
Overcooked
Wuppo
Nongunz
One Piece - Burning Blood.

Pillars of Eternity and War for the Overworld make this, for me, an absolutely essential purchase.
I didn't even realise that the devs had got in the original Dungeon Keeper voice actor for WftO, and he adds so much more to the game. The game itself is far closer to DK2 than Dungeons (1 and 2), and if you need that fix, it'll sort you right out.
Pillars of Eternity, I don't really need to say much about this game as almost every RPG fan will know exactly what this is all about. D&D in a PC game, done right.

Offworld Trading Company is an excellent 'sabotage/strategy' game. No fighting as such, instead you do battle with resources, blackmail, hacking, and piracy. It's not even necessarily about finding the best resources, but how you use the ones you have and how you manipulate the market to your own ends. Another brilliant game!

I'll be honest, these 3 games will be the ones I keep coming back to time and time again. Off the back of completing War for the Overworld, I went to Steam and bought the DLC as it's more great Dungeon keeping fun.

The rest, I'm not so fussed about, but i'll have a crack at NBA when I bother to pair up my xbox controller.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's an amazing bundle, that's for sure. I paid up straight away just for PoE, I've wanted it for so long but my playtime is limited so I was waiting for it to be cheaper. It doesn't get any cheaper than $12 and with the addition of the other titles, that $12 has been amazing value. I was particularly happy to see Offworld Trading Company on there, as well as Overcooked. I hadn't looked at War for the Overworld until you posted this, and I've had a look now and that looks quite good as well!

All-in-all it's a quality bundle!

Soldato
I bought this for NBA 2K17.

I'm looking forward to trying Offworld Trading Company also :)

Have no interest in Killing Floor 2 - So I'm not sure I'll pay into this months...

OcUK Staff
Yeah Lee, I should be able to gift Pillars of Eternaty to you tonight as I already had it, if no one else does first. Other than PoE, I wasn't so impressed this month. I thought the February one was brilliant though. Just down to preferences I guess.

Associate
OP
damn, the August bundle is ace.

So basically the current bundle that unlocks on the 1st of the month, the only way to get it is order during the 30 days before the 1st of the month. Shame.
Basically, unless you like to potentially spend $12 a month on games you'll never play (which is what I do, masochistically sometimes), just see the main games that are early unlocks and buy on the basis of them as they'll be the triple-A game of the month.

How triple-A those games are will generally dictate how good the rest of the bundle will be. August was an outlier due to it having 2 genuinely high quality games that are still holding their value, and yet they've been paired up with games that are also still around £15-20 a piece.

For example, Warhammer Total War was in a bundle a few months back, and the rest of the months games were Indie games, worth £5 each at best.

Like I've said though, it's a risk, but it's one I'm happy to take as it's not a massive outlay in the end.

Back
Top Bottom