Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2021, Budapest - Race 11/23

Rate the 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
zwQtzOR.png
Budapest
When was the track built?
Work began on the Hungaroring in 1985, and the track was race-ready just nine months later. The Hungarian government had originally considered reviving the old Nepliget park circuit in Budapest in a bid to host Formula 1 in the country, but in the end decided to create a purpose-built facility instead.

When was its first Grand Prix?
The year was 1986. Nelson Piquet won the first F1 race around the Hungaroring, famously slithering his Williams around the outside of Ayrton Senna’s Lotus to take the lead.

What’s the circuit like?
The lack of straights at the Hungaroring often sees it compared to a karting circuit – and it’s true, the resemblance is uncanny. With several series of corners to string together, teams opt for Monaco levels of downforce, with a well-sorted chassis tending to be rewarded over horsepower given the short straights on offer. It’s a challenge many of the drivers relish, however, with finding a good rhythm key to setting fast lap times.

TV Times
Sky:
hjjTa4x.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 5.30pm
Sun - Race Highlights 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
8pkI23D.png

Weather Forecast
aGh8mqx.png

2020 Race highlights

WDC Standings
ci2bbAY.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
zx1QN76.png

Practice 1
ikaCO3D.png

Practice 2
T85X9Ht.png

Practice 3
o45qEt9.png

Qualifying
uvKh9JJ.png

Race
2CN0pot.png

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I like how at this point the Hungaroring actually produces decent races and ought to be seen as a classic track, but instead is held up as a processional affair and boring. Whereas modern circuits don't produce decent races at all but somehow get a free pass.

Sorry, did I say 'like'? No, I definitely meant the opposite.

Soldato
Hopefully mildly damp race or some tyre wear discrepancies to keep it interesting, last few GPs here have been pretty good in the main with lots of action on the first half of the lap from memory. Just the second half is a bit follow the leader.

Soldato
I'm waiting for Max's Silverstone engine to give up mid race at some point and Helmet and Christian to lose their **** again and run to the FIA/European Court of Human Rights. :D:o

Back
Top Bottom