Hurricane Ophelia to Brush the Azores This Weekend; May Affect Ireland Next Week

Man of Honour
Dunno if its true but apparently the eerie orange glow we are seeing here (and other parts of the South West) is due to the storm bringing with it a mixture of smoke from forest fires in other parts of the Europe and some Sahara dust.

Soldato
Dunno if its true but apparently the eerie orange glow we are seeing here (and other parts of the South West) is due to the storm bringing with it a mixture of smoke from forest fires in other parts of the Europe and some Sahara dust.
Yep, sky looks pretty amazing.Was going to wash the car but not a lot of point as it will probably just get covered in sand!

Soldato
Haha the yellow tint in Brum is odd, almost like I'm wearing those tinted driving glasses from the 90's.

Unfortunately, I had the car washed yesterday so I'm hoping it's not gonna be covered in dust later!

Man of Honour
Just noticed on the model updates from this morning looks like there is another storm projected coming in from the mid-atlantic and hitting Ireland about the same point around the 20th to 21st this month as well - going across the UK a bit more horizontal though this time.

Man of Honour
Permabanned

Yep, sky looks pretty amazing.Was going to wash the car but not a lot of point as it will probably just get covered in sand!

It is bizarrely yellow here. Very dark but no rain and a light breeze.

Red Sky in the Morning Shepard's warning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

It's dark and windy here in Wales. Also, the air temperature feels uncharacteristically warm

Wow, so beautiful :eek:
Air is always warmer in front of a storm and colder behind the storm ;)

Anyone know whether Ophelia is a storm or a hurricane as the BBC sure as hell don't as the reporter spoke of storm Ophelia heading for Ireland the ticker tape that runs along the bottom of the screen called it a hurricane. Am I right in assuming that whether it is a storm or a hurricane makes a difference where wind speeds are concerned?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Ophelia_(2017)

Man of Honour
Permabanned
Unfortunately can't get a decent picture of it but the sun looks like a red giant here heh. Video doesn't even come close to doing it justice the sky is a far angrier yellow/orange, the sun is bigger and much redder and the cloud bank on the left is towering and very "3D looking" in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkeIYq8RK4U

Pretty much exactly what I'm looking at up in brum.

Strangely eerie yet undeniably beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom