Hyundai W241D-PVA

Associate
Has anyone had a chance to see/review this monitor yet? Its available from OCuk tomorrow and I'm thinking of getting one as I can plug my PC, PS3 and 360 in at the same time. I currently have a Dell 2407, but the Hyundai has PVA technology which I hear is pretty good....

Associate
Just put in an order for one. The ETA says "Overdue", but seeing how its 7:30 in the morning I think I can let them off for that. The S-PVA panel used in this Hyundai W241-D is in fact manufactured by Samsung, and it has 8bit colour (all S-PVA panels do). S-PVA panels are also meant to have better blacks and brightness, as well as wider viewing angles.

I'll let you know more when it arrives...should be tomorrow!

OcUK Staff
HI there

The model with USB hub is confirmed as arriving tomorrow.

The none USB hub model which is slightly cheaper is due Monday/Tuesday.

Both deliveries confirmed and en-route. :)

Soldato
Ok just set down approx 500 notes to have this delivered tomorrow, Gibbo dont let me down! i have been stung with saturday deliveries before, paid the premium and never recieved anything!

Associate
Can someone give Baddass a kick and tell him to get cracking on some reviews of this monitor for TFTcentral?

He's been prommising ones for the W240-TN for AGES now..... but from forum pics it looks to have noticable backlight bleed (though all the inputs makes it a very capable monitor for the price imo). This PVA looks to be a nice competitor for Dell and BenQ, so we need some damm reviews already!

:(

Soldato
Can someone give Baddass a kick and tell him to get cracking on some reviews of this monitor for TFTcentral?

He's been prommising ones for the W240-TN for AGES now..... but from forum pics it looks to have noticable backlight bleed (though all the inputs makes it a very capable monitor for the price imo). This PVA looks to be a nice competitor for Dell and BenQ, so we need some damm reviews already!

:(

As long as i get it tomorrow then ill do my best to post some pics (with crysis :))

I have a 19inch tn panel right now, and i have used my bros 2407-HC so ill do my best to compare them (although i dont have the 2407 here!). Ill also try hooking up my other bros 360 too if he brings it with him.

I wouldnt really know how to do a proper review so badass please get your skates on :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Gibbo, i have ordered this monitor with a couple of other things, and i picked saturday delivery. Stock counter for the monitor still says overdue, will my monitor definitely be shipped today? what happens if i dont receive it tomorrow? will i get refunded the extra 10 pounds for saturday delivery?

I know thats a lot of questions, hope u can answer a few of them. Thanks :)

EDIT: see that its now in stock + 10 available!!. Gibbo, feel free to to tell me to shut up :D

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Gibbo, i have ordered this monitor with a couple of other things, and i picked saturday delivery. Stock counter for the monitor still says overdue, will my monitor definitely be shipped today? what happens if i dont receive it tomorrow? will i get refunded the extra 10 pounds for saturday delivery?

I know thats a lot of questions, hope u can answer a few of them. Thanks :)

EDIT: see that its now in stock + 10 available!!. Gibbo, feel free to to tell me to shut up :D

Hi there

Yes they have arrived!

Your order should ship but were experience huge levels of business and as such we are extremely busy. If its not shipped by 4pm call our sales line to make sure it goes for you.

Soldato
Not soon... NOW!! NOW!! :D

lol let me ooooooh and aaaahhhhh first then ill feed the masses.

I can confirm that it says on the back of the monitor:

W241D PVA :)

However, it is using the 240D V3.5 firmware ( i dont have a clue if that makes a difference)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom