i am fat

Associate
I am 6 foot 1 (185cm) I went from 14 stone 7lbs (93kg) to 11 stone (70kg) in about a year and 4 months. I started playing 7 a side football competatively to start with while cutting out a lot of rubbish food.

The football finished but i still play occasionally with my friends in the park etc but not as much as i used to. My weight stays around the same due to mini workouts on my part (toning parts of my body but i am not muscular at all)

The HUGE part is the food i have cut out. I don't eat as many crisp, biscuits or chocolate (Don't cut them out completely but only have them as a treat and only have 2 biscuits and stop for example). Take away food which used to make up a lot of my diet i now have once (twice rarely) a week. No matter what i eat now though i find the portions i have very important, if you eat smaller amounts you will train your stomach to be smaller so the smaller amounts will fill you up (also means less smacking).

I really hope this helps, it took a lot of will power just to say no to things consistently as my mom and her bf eat take aways as much still. I will say now i am a lot happier and i do feel lighter on my feet.

Caporegime
I lost 15kg in about 4 months just by limiting my diet to ~1200 calories a day and doing lots of long (10-15mi) nature walks around the local area, it was actually amazing to see what there is in the area and it has yielded some really good photography results. I didn't stick to any sort of particular diet, I just ate what I felt like.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
what is the ideal Weight for a 182cm tall weighing in at a staggering 134.4 kg male age 32 .about to start going down the gym needs some tips . cheers

Before you sign up for a gym membership, have you considered alternative options and saving yourself money? As your goal is to shed fat, you do not need a gym membership for this.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Walking is good anyway to keep a baseline level of health, everyone should be aiming for minimum 10k steps each day. It's not a high calorie burner though, but jogging can be depending on how much you put into it. You want to work multiple muscle groups and get your heartrate up so you burn the most calories. Just jogging alone won't achieve that. Some of the items in the link mentioned will be great in conjunction.

Nutrition is just as important though. You can't go eating the same foods again whilst trying to lose weight else you're just going to be in maintenance mode. Cut the processed and fatty foods, boost the organic/natural foods.

Soldato
I do a lot of lifting and walking with weight at work. So it helps keep me trim. Doing stairs while carrying something heavy is good too. I lost 20-30kg a few years ago hauling iMacs/pc’s up and down stairs :p

I’m 5’8 and 66kg.

Soldato
I am 6 foot 1 (185cm) I went from 14 stone 7lbs (93kg) to 11 stone (70kg) in about a year and 4 months. I started playing 7 a side football competatively to start with while cutting out a lot of rubbish food.

The football finished but i still play occasionally with my friends in the park etc but not as much as i used to. My weight stays around the same due to mini workouts on my part (toning parts of my body but i am not muscular at all)

The HUGE part is the food i have cut out. I don't eat as many crisp, biscuits or chocolate (Don't cut them out completely but only have them as a treat and only have 2 biscuits and stop for example). Take away food which used to make up a lot of my diet i now have once (twice rarely) a week. No matter what i eat now though i find the portions i have very important, if you eat smaller amounts you will train your stomach to be smaller so the smaller amounts will fill you up (also means less smacking).

I really hope this helps, it took a lot of will power just to say no to things consistently as my mom and her bf eat take aways as much still. I will say now i am a lot happier and i do feel lighter on my feet.

im pretty much your starting weight at a shade over 90 kg and the same height yet im called slim and even skinny ,maybe my modest 16kg kettlebell has turned flab to muscle .do some very high intensity workouts by paddling outback on my bodyboard especially at this time of year with consistent waves
dont think i would like to lose much weight maybe just carry on improving muscles

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I do a lot of lifting and walking with weight at work. So it helps keep me trim. Doing stairs while carrying something heavy is good too. I lost 20-30kg a few years ago hauling iMacs/pc’s up and down stairs :p

I’m 5’8 and 66kg.

Same height, 66KG is what I'm aiming for! Am 61 at the moment but was 56 when I started the fitness goal this time last year! Pretty much started blind too but the help of youtube (athlean-x and official then-x as well as other big callisthenics channels) I've seen some really impressive changes, something I've not seen in myself for 15 years as I've always been under 9 stone and am now ~9.7 (85% muscle mass).

Caporegime
Walking is good anyway to keep a baseline level of health, everyone should be aiming for minimum 10k steps each day. It's not a high calorie burner though, but jogging can be depending on how much you put into it. You want to work multiple muscle groups and get your heartrate up so you burn the most calories. Just jogging alone won't achieve that. Some of the items in the link mentioned will be great in conjunction.

Nutrition is just as important though. You can't go eating the same foods again whilst trying to lose weight else you're just going to be in maintenance mode. Cut the processed and fatty foods, boost the organic/natural foods.

There was a study which I can't remember the title of now which came out with a formula of 0.66 x body weight (kg) = net calories burned per mile walking and 1.32 x body weight per mile for running at a rate of 9min/mile.

Personally I prefer walking for weight loss because it's low intensity and you can basically walk forever without getting tired whereas I can't say the same for jogging!

I wonder how old chaseyx98 was before he got perma'd? If he's middle-aged like 99% of us on there, then there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to necro post. Forums of this type (with threads and sections) have been around for 20 years.

If chaseyx98 however was only 20, then I'll let him off as they all use social media and won't be used to forums :p

Back
Top Bottom