I am glad i was born when i was 1969, oh yeh

Soldato
wow. just read these wonderful replies??! i am Ant (seth1969) partner Hev, feel free to reply to JUST ME. guys, we are living in some insane times. we, ant and i, have isolated from our grandchildren, our children and our parents, who let me be without doubt, are our LiVES. i am a nurse, we are living with uncertainty every single day. are you #kind? i don't see kindness here, given the pressure we are all no doubt living with. Ant (seth1969) may not be be armed with wit and literature however you must be mindful of the people who post on this forum. i will not tolerate having to be a nurse to people in need and have to come and monitor how people online are reacting to reach outs from my partner. ant is a positive person who responds to feedback however the negativity in regard to staying at home and drinking, when clearly our whole world is going to ****, is a massive kick in the head. so cheers guys, thanks for the big up staying home drinking ****, luckily i wont be as prejudiced, you are all judged the same. stay safe.

Try to think of it this way. You're at a party with loads of people you don't know, and then someone who you've never met before walks up to you and says word for word your opening post.

What would your reaction be?

Soldato
yeh, i get that, however we are not at a party and you have had time to reply.

I think the replies havent been that harsh to be honest. If you get battered and post nonsense then you will get a bit of stick.

I get what youre saying however maybe some take some responsibility instead of going after the people that have replied...the very same thing you have criticised.

Associate
OP
Ok so this is northern dialect / welsh.

"I am glad i was born in 1969. I lived all my life in a small village with approximately 7k population. Its still about the same now. My friends and I were all strong characters. We used to set assault courses every night in winter. We used to run and jump over shed roofs for fun, where did this all go?"

this is pretty much the original post. as intended. thank you.

Soldato
this is pretty much the original post. as intended. thank you.

I recognised most of the slang so gave it a go but unfortunately this is the internet. I hope Ants ok and doesnt take anything personal...most are just having a laugh in as you say uncertain times.

Associate
OP
I think the replies havent been that harsh to be honest. If you get battered and post nonsense then you will get a bit of stick.

I get what youre saying however maybe some take some responsibility instead of going after the people that have replied...the very same thing you have criticised.

no i dont get that. i see a guy reaching out to a group. i see a group of some people taking the ****. he doesn't type well, he doesn't construct sentences well, however his point was....where did those days go. havent you thought that, these days? in some form or another? anyway, its easy to keyboard bash someone, when we are all feeling a little vulnerable, just be mindful we all have a responsibility here.

Associate
I really am, lived all mi live in a town/village of 7k people still about the same populous. but me and all my friends was all strong chars, assault coarse setting every night in the middle of winter.
Running and jumping all long weaving shed roofs for fun, where did it all go?

Shed roofs? Come back to me when you've done greenhouses mate.

Soldato
no i dont get that. i see a guy reaching out to a group. i see a group of some people taking the ****. he doesn't type well, he doesn't construct sentences well, however his point was....where did those days go. havent you thought that, these days? in some form or another? anyway, its easy to keyboard bash someone, when we are all feeling a little vulnerable, just be mindful we all have a responsibility here.

Sorry but youve taken the replies far too personally...they clearly arent intended that way and apart from a few posters 99% of what goes on in this forum is light hearted. Id say your replies are more aggresive then anything posted here.

Associate
OP
8.9 million

ok mate, we live in very small village, our daughter and grandson live one street behind, our son and other grandson about a mile away. i cant see my grandchildren, as cant ant because i am nurse, nor can we see our families because I AM A NURSE. so i will raise your 8.9 million to 10, the people we cannot see, and the reason Ant is reaching out to you people on this forum. have a bloody clue yeh?

Associate
OP
stay safe people...i truly hope we get out of this alive... be kind yeh? i am not Ant (seth1969) i am responding to his difficulty in seeing some (not all) of the responses. we both would rather be jumping over shed roof's and even greenhouses right now trust me.

Soldato
Born afew years earlier in west yorkshire ,lived next to an old quarry ,brick place ,long summer days spent rafting on the pond in the middle ,our own pushbike dirt track ,small cliff faces we would climb then sit half way up and talk rubbish ,playing marbles outside in the potholes ,

staying in wasnt an option ,when we hit 16 it was time to get an unrestricted 50cc moped ap50 like i had or a yammy f1se ,hitting 60 was the goal and we would overbore ,port and rejet ,no cbt, up to 250cc at 17 (the water cooled yammy rd 250 ruined our party ,new laws) ,head to the Heartshead motorway cafe through the back entrance and play the space invader games ,

not a bad time to grow up
reason for edit i put lc not rd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom