I Am Greta

Soldato
OP
She really isn't incredible by any stretch of the imagination. I have no hatred for the girl but she's literally just a mouthpiece saying what other much more qualified people have been saying for a very long time now

But she's making people really take notice. She's created a global movement to bring real awareness that might actually bring about change. How many 15 year olds do you know with her passion and determination? She's like a.much older and wiser head on a young body. Watch the documentary, it might change your mind if all you've seen is her speeches.

Associate
She really isn't incredible by any stretch of the imagination. I have no hatred for the girl but she's literally just a mouthpiece saying what other much more qualified people have been saying for a very long time now

This sort of thing is just cringy though

I hate cringy stuff but I really didn't find it cringy at all. I am a huge fan of cars and combustion engines, that's probably why I liked it.

Caporegime

This sort of thing is just cringy though
Not as cringy as any video with Greta talking in it.

Man of Honour
I'm with Malevolence on this one, I find her no more extraordinary or remarkable than I find Kermit the magical talking frog.

Yeah I'm totally bemused why some fawn over her. I think it is the way she is sold to try and guilt trip people.

Man of Honour
I know almost nothing about Greta but I do find it odd how much people ‘oppose’ her.

Are there important environmental issues? Yes.

Better to have somebody successfully promoting such issues than nobody, even if they aren’t perfect.

Man of Honour
I know almost nothing about Greta but I do find it odd how much people ‘oppose’ her.

I think people fall into 3 camps in regard of her, there are those who think she is amazing, there are those who hate everything about her and there are those in the middle who think she is nothing more or less than any other random individual they might pass in the street and dont feel strongly for or against her (I'm in this category for example)

Though thinking on it, I guess those 3 camps could apply to what people think about any other person on the planet.

Caporegime
Travelling the world at her age and speaking in front of thousands is a bit more than what your everyday man and woman does on the street.

I don't find her a particularly engaging speaker but she's taken on a burden that most people would not.

I like her solely for how frothy she makes some people, it is hilarious seeing grown men lose their **** regarding her :D

I think we found one :D

Man of Honour
Travelling the world at her age and speaking in front of thousands is a bit more than what your everyday man and woman does on the street.

Not really possible for me to say without knowing exactly what that man or woman on the street does, you might walk past someone who is a brain surgeon and holds the life or death of someone in their hands on a daily basis, or past someone who is a scientist working in the fight against cancer. The only way to assume that what she does is more than the person I walk past the street is, is if I make the assumption that the person I am walking past in the street is worthless. Thats my point, to me, she's just another person, no better, no worse, than anyone else I might encounter on a daily basis. I certainly am not going to put her on a pedestal or credit her as being a shining example of humanity, equally I am not going to vilify her or oppose her, shes just another human to me, thats all.

Caporegime
Not really possible for me to say without knowing exactly what that man or woman on the street does, you might walk past someone who is a brain surgeon and holds the life or death of someone in their hands on a daily basis, or past someone who is a scientist working in the fight against cancer. The only way to assume that what she does is more than the person I walk past the street is, is if I make the assumption that the person I am walking past in the street is worthless. Thats my point, to me, she's just another person, no better, no worse, than anyone else I might encounter on a daily basis. I certainly am not going to put her on a pedestal or credit her as being a shining example of humanity, equally I am not going to vilify her or oppose her, shes just another human to me, thats all.

It was more about the law of averages and what she’s doing at her age rather than trying to compare her to surgeons and scientists.

Most people you walk past aren’t operating on people or curing cancer, the same way most people didn’t sacrifice a normal life to try and make people more aware of climate change.

Having a specific job title or position in society doesn’t necessarily make you a great human either so there’s also that.

Man of Honour
It was more about the law of averages and what she’s doing at her age rather than trying to compare her to surgeons and scientists.

Most people you walk past aren’t operating on people or curing cancer, the same way most people didn’t sacrifice a normal life to try and make people more aware of climate change.

Having a specific job title or position in society doesn’t necessarily make you a great human either so there’s also that.

Averages yeah, but I never mentioned averages, I simply mentioned any random person I pass in the street, which could well be anyone, from a murderer to a rocket scientist I guess. I do my best not to elevate one stranger above any other or look up to someone and hold them above any individual I might encounter. I know nothing of her really, I know what I see on the tv but thats whats presented to me rather than what she is necessarily really like, I know as much about the real her as I do about Ryan Reynolds or Jamie Redknapp, definitely not enough for me to judge their worth as above/below any other. If that makes sense.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I feel sorry for her. Shes still a child and she is being pushed and pulled every which way and fighting a battle that she shouldn't be at her age.

If you ignore whether you like her or not, what she is doing is commendable. The envirnoment is ****** already and unless we start reversing the damage we have done it could be irreparable.

Its scary to think that in under 100 years we have pushed the world to the brink of disaster and we are still expanding and growing. I welcome anyone genuinely fighting to change that regardless of age or how obnoxious you may find them.

Back
Top Bottom