I am innocent!!

Soldato
If she got her job because she was Black then referring to her as a/the Black MP might not be unreasonable

We're not discussing how Diane Abbott got her job, we're discussing the post that was made during a conversation that had nothing to do with Diane Abbott. Here it is again for reference.

**Quote removed, deleted post**

That comment was regarding Fiona Onasanya, the subject of the OP. The question being asked here is not "how did Diane Abbott get her job". The question being asked here is:

"What relevance does Diane Abbott have in the context of the conversation about Fiona Onasanya, and why refer to her by her gender and skin colour?

And pish like the quote below are totally irrelevant as the poster clearly knows Diane Abbot's name. That's the point. He knows the person by name and chooses to refer to her by her skin colour, and that was racist.

Or are we heading to the stage where trying to describe a non white person in a room full of whites becomes a contest of using every descriptive word you can think of bar the obvious one? - tbh I think as a society we're already heading that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Oh, I know that we were originally referring to the Lying Speeder (;) )

But if she got her job (As well) because she was a"Woman of Colour" then perhaps she is in the mess she is in as a result of being promoted beyond her capabilities to meet a political agenda.

In which case the fact that she is a "Woman of Colour" might well be a perfectly reasonable thing to comment on.

Caporegime

But if she got her job (As well) because she was a"Woman of Colour" then perhaps she is in the mess she is in as a result of being promoted beyond her capabilities to meet a political agenda.

In which case the fact that she is a "Woman of Colour" might well be a perfectly reasonable thing to comment on.

i'd like to know how she got a degree in law personally. she had literally all the time in the world (well 14 days or something like that) to make a decision to pay the fine and take the points on her licence. she decided to get her brother to take the hit. why? does she already have 9 points on her licence? has her licence now been taken off her? if not then why didn't she just take the points? it seems like a stupid thing to try and get him to take them as it would have had zero effect on her apart from a small bump in her premium which she could likely pay through her £80k salary anyway.

i don't think a lot of coloured people vote tbh so I don't think she got voted on because of her skin colour. someone should have the numbers on it somewhere i imagine. as in compared to caucasians as a percentage do those of afro caribbean or african descent vote less than their pale skinned neighbours?

Soldato

I have no idea why any of them got their jobs, it appears you are making some assumptions unless you can actually back that up? In any case, it's irrelevant to the original conversation and personally I have no opinion on that particular thread of the conversation.

Are you implying that by referring to a friend and work colleague by his skin colour (Post #75) that I’m therefore racist? - bearing in mind his response to me....

No.

Soldato

What I understand about our democracy is that a candidate stands in an election and then members of the public are called to cast their votes and the one with the most votes wins. I haven’t seen ballots cards which say black candidate, white candidate etc :rolleyes:

Caporegime
i'd like to know how she got a degree in law personally. she had literally all the time in the world (well 14 days or something like that) to make a decision to pay the fine and take the points on her licence. she decided to get her brother to take the hit. why? does she already have 9 points on her licence? has her licence now been taken off her? if not then why didn't she just take the points? it seems like a stupid thing to try and get him to take them as it would have had zero effect on her apart from a small bump in her premium which she could likely pay through her £80k salary anyway.

i don't think a lot of coloured people vote tbh so I don't think she got voted on because of her skin colour. someone should have the numbers on it somewhere i imagine. as in compared to caucasians as a percentage do those of afro caribbean or african descent vote less than their pale skinned neighbours?

Been asking myself the same thing, I think a sense of entitlement plays a part. Why should I take 3 points, I am an MP. Bet she'd love a visit from Captain Hindsight.....

Soldato

I have no idea why any of them got their jobs, it appears you are making some assumptions unless you can actually back that up? In any case, it's irrelevant to the original conversation and personally I have no opinion on that particular thread of the conversation.

What I understand about our democracy is that a candidate stands in an election and then members of the public are called to cast their votes and the one with the most votes wins. I haven’t seen ballots cards which say black candidate, white candidate etc :rolleyes:

Lol!

I know none of you are naive, so you must simply be being willfully obtuse! :p

You all know perfectly well that Labour voters (Or any parties voters for that matter) are normally guaranteed to vote for the candidate that they are presented with. (Mostly, anyway)

Local parties select the candidates from a list provided by the relevant parties central office.

And if that central office has decided that they want to have more Black, female faces in office, then those are the only candidates that are offered. Labour, in particular, has operated a restricted shortlist system for decades. The other parties have too, though perhaps less aggressively.

Mostly it works. The voters do as they are told and elect the candidate of the central parties choice.

But it doesn't always work. Sometimes the Sheeple actually display mionds of there own and refuse to simply do as they are told!

Remember Lord Taylor?

The Conservatives were so desperate to show how "Right On" they were by having a Black MP of their own that they dumped Taylor on a "Safe" Tory constituency in the expectation that he would be elected.

He lost!

Of course there were lots of accusations of "Racism" but what it was really all about was that the Tory voters in Cheltenham were angry at simply being taken for granted. (Portillo lost his seat for much the same reason some years later)

Of course, central office was so desperate for a Black face of Tory Britain that they bounced him into the Lords a couple of years later.

Interestingly, He was a Lawyer too

And also ended up being convicted of fraud and serving time too.

Might there be a trend here??

:p

Caporegime
Been asking myself the same thing, I think a sense of entitlement plays a part. Why should I take 3 points, I am an MP. Bet she'd love a visit from Captain Hindsight.....

doesn't make any sense. which is why she definetely shouldn't be an MP. if she can **** up something as simple as a speeding fine then i wouldn't want her in charge of running the country or my local council.

Caporegime
She'd make a fantastic MP if the metrics of a good MP are deceit, entitlement, narcissism and desperately clinging on to power. She ran before she could walk and should pay the ultimate price.

Caporegime
Yes you are, and so is he.
Neither you nor he get to decide what is racist or what you find offensive - Balding, middle aged white guys do!!

Racist - a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

I don’t see how referring to somebody by their skin colour makes me fit the above criteria to be frank.

Did you actually read what I put in the post I was referring to? (Post #75)

Soldato
I'll do no such thing; the forum moderators have cast the deciding vote as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Great, you got a post deleted for referencing a skin colour. You've devalued actual racism by putting it alongside referencing skin colour. This is why Trump and Brexit won, people don't take you lot seriously anymore.

Soldato
There is no need to reference anyones colour, especially if you know their name. Its racist.

p.s thank you mods. Its a shame another thread has been derailed.

Caporegime
It doesn't... but like I said, other people get to decide what we find offensive, and to be offended on behalf of anyone who doesn't feel offended. That's the world, these days. Hell, I was branded a racist because I fancied a black girl. Go figure!

Actually I did, but that has no bearing on whether I'd use it to make fun of the SJW culture.
Sorry, misunderstood your perspective on this.

Back
Top Bottom