I am innocent!!

Soldato
Can we also drop all the misogynistic references to this mp as well.

Referring to the gender/sex (delete as appropriate) of this mp is just so offensive and purely dog whistling to the haters.

My public school was very progressive then, in the 1960's, no reference to first names. Surname only suffixed by junior if you had an elder brother. :D:D

Soldato
We're not discussing how Diane Abbott got her job, we're discussing the post that was made during a conversation that had nothing to do with Diane Abbott. Here it is again for reference.

**Quote removed, deleted post**

That comment was regarding Fiona Onasanya, the subject of the OP. The question being asked here is not "how did Diane Abbott get her job". The question being asked here is:

"What relevance does Diane Abbott have in the context of the conversation about Fiona Onasanya, and why refer to her by her gender and skin colour?

And pish like the quote below are totally irrelevant as the poster clearly knows Diane Abbot's name. That's the point. He knows the person by name and chooses to refer to her by her skin colour, and that was racist.

Yeah I'm pretty anti-left and can't figure out why the person's skin color was mentioned either. Big difference between pointing out someone in a room where they are the only black by their skin color, than a public figure who's name and actions are more identifiable than race, though I'm not offended at it - just confused.

Soldato
OP
Can we also drop all the misogynistic references to this mp as well.

Referring to the gender/sex (delete as appropriate) of this mp is just so offensive and purely dog whistling to the haters.
Speak in plain english This mumbo jumbo you speak , means nothing to me.

Soldato
OP
There is no need to reference anyones colour, especially if you know their name. Its racist.

p.s thank you mods. Its a shame another thread has been derailed.

No it is not, it's used purely as a drescription, blonde hair, black skin, big nose, wonky teeth, etc

Stop looking to be offended, you are the reason there will always be rasism.

Soldato
No it is not, it's used purely as a drescription, blonde hair, black skin, big nose, wonky teeth, etc

The issue for me is that I'm not clued up on politics so when whoever mentioned the other black politician who also did something immoral, I had no clue who it was. Had the poster used her name on the other hand, I'd know. :p

Soldato
The issue for me is that I'm not clued up on politics so when whoever mentioned the other black politician who also did something immoral, I had no clue who it was. Had the poster used her name on the other hand, I'd know. :p

Just how many Black MP's are there at the moment who are behaving in a questionable manner?

That you have to mention them specifically by name!

:p :D

Soldato
Just how many Black MP's are there at the moment who are behaving in a questionable manner?

That you have to mention them specifically by name!

:p :D

Absolutely no idea, British politics is not my forté I'm afraid. No-deal Brexit being so desired by the masses made me lose faith, at least with other countries and nations I can laugh and not just get annoyed. :p

Soldato
OP
The issue for me is that I'm not clued up on politics so when whoever mentioned the other black politician who also did something immoral, I had no clue who it was. Had the poster used her name, on the other hand, I'd know. :p
who mentioned her skin colour anyway, it is irrelevant.

Soldato
Absolutely no idea, British politics is not my forté I'm afraid. No-deal Brexit being so desired by the masses made me lose faith, at least with other countries and nations I can laugh and not just get annoyed. :p

Why do you get annoyed?

I love debating issues with other people (And in particular, with people who disagree with me, after all. those are the only really interesting debates :p )

But I have never understood why people get angry/annoyed however, and I really find it very disappointing. :(

Soldato

I'M the reason there will always be racism? Mate, you literally are a racist. Every single thread you post is negative about someone who funnily enough isnt white. I wouldn't dream of saying "the coloured person over there" instead of using their name. Its blatantly racist and its disrespectful.

Soldato
Why do you get annoyed?

I love debating issues with other people (And in particular, with people who disagree with me, after all. those are the only really interesting debates :p )

But I have never understood why people get angry/annoyed however, and I really find it very disappointing. :(

Because a no-deal Brexit is catastrophic to our country, and while I certainly was not a remainer at first, I cannot imagine a thought process that could come to the conclusion that no-deal was the way to go, which many people around me seem to want. I'll discuss almost anything but Brexit these days, I'm sick of it from family and friends with an absurdly small scope of thought when it comes to the ramifications of a no-deal leave.

Soldato
OP
I'M the reason there will always be racism? Mate, you literally are a racist. Every single thread you post is negative about someone who funnily enough isnt white. I wouldn't dream of saying "the coloured person over there" instead of using their name. Its blatantly racist and its disrespectful.
I am not having that, calling people out for being idiots is not racist and you know it. I have never even mentioned race or colour in my posts. It's people like you who look for racism eveywhere that means we all can't just move on. There appears to be more racism around today, but it faux racism.

What if you don't know there name?? " That black guy over there wearing the red shirt" s perfectly fine description, there is nothing racist in that.

Or do you find someone using other traits offensive

Male/female, ginger hair, beard, long hair blueeyes, etc. Should we all have a number tattooed on our arms?

Last edited:
Soldato
Calling people stupid isnt racist obviously however every single thread you create being negative about anyone who isn't white...is absolutely racist. As is using "that coloured person" when you damn well knew her name. Stop being so ridiculous and comparing it to hair colour.

Why go from Onasanya to Abbott? Why not say her name? The poster clearly linked the two because of their race.

Soldato
Because a no-deal Brexit is catastrophic to our country, and while I certainly was not a remainer at first, I cannot imagine a thought process that could come to the conclusion that no-deal was the way to go, which many people around me seem to want. I'll discuss almost anything but Brexit these days, I'm sick of it from family and friends with an absurdly small scope of thought when it comes to the ramifications of a no-deal leave.

Now, I dont want to go down Brexit (At least not for now anyway ). But this still doesn't answer the question.

Why is it not possible to have differing POV's without getting annoyed?

Where there is clearly a "Right or Wrong" answer. There is no need for debate. But this sort of situation is very rare indeed.I am actually struggling to think of one.

For example, consider the question. Is it better to be a pampered slave than be a poor free Man?

There is no right answer, only different opinions. (And this question is not so different to the one regarding whether it is better to be a province in a prosperous empire or a somewhat less secure independent nation)

Debate only arises where there is no clear "Right/Wrong" answer and people who are equally smart, educated and knowledgeable still nevertheless end up having different opinions.

I actually find situations like this interesting but I always get disappointed when it (Almost inevitably) ends up going all angry, insulting and straw man.

Both sides are guilty of it, but In the main, it is generally the intellectual left who resort to labeling those who disagree with their position far more readily than anybody else.

And yes, it is disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom