1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I attempted to build an ICON from noblechairs on my own...

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by 5UB, Jul 5, 2017.

1. 5UB

Commissario

And guess what... I managed it! - Although I would recommend getting a friend to help you, just due to the size of the chair, it can be awkward getting the bolts in, but I managed to do it and I am not really a DIYer!

I can honestly say that these chairs are extremely good quality and the building was actually extremely simple!

Enjoy the video!

2. Kelt

Soldato

Great video, not sure about the lack of arm padding though. Is that just hard plastic?

3. 5UB

Commissario

It is soft plastic, almost like rubber. It is not hard at all. I should have given it a squeeze in the video for you to see! :p

4. Beasty

Wise Guy

Can't decide between the Epic or the Icon. The Epic looks a bit better but I'd expect the Icon is a bit comfier? Not sure about that lumbar support moving around either though!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. tomd96

Associate

I've put in a pre-order for the Icon. I do slightly prefer the look of the Epic but I like both and I'm hoping that the Icon's stated improvements (particularly around comfort) will make it a good decision! Now just waiting for the stock to arrive!

6. RSR

Soldato

When is stock due on the Icon?

7. Jimmy G

Associate

Also interested on when the Icon is going to be in stock. I sat in the epic when I last went to ocuk hq to pick up my GTX 1080Ti and it would good to go back and try them side by side.

8. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

Early next week for the PU, about 7-10 days later for the leather models.

9. Hedge

Capodecina

Don't think you fully tightened the right side after you said you only tighten it halfway up before lining up the bottom screw. :)

10. Miganto

Associate

I ordered a black/platinum icon PU chair on the 4th of July and recieved an email confirmation for it, I've just noticed they are in stock and advertising 'order within 1 day for delivery by the 18th', yet i haven't received an email to suggest mine is being delivered and under 'my orders' the status is a red/orange box.

Has something gone wrong or is this standard and the chair will be delivered on Monday/Tuesday?

Thank you =)

11. 5UB

Commissario

PU are in stock now, and the real leathers are due end of the month, start of Aug. :)

A review has come out here for the ICON: