I bought a coach!

Man of Honour
I haven't sat on a air ride seat, I imagine its pretty comfortable, but doesn't look very supportive, Maybe...There's air ride armchairs? :o

I used to get a lift sometimes to sites with the lorry drivers at work - way way better than sitting on a bus or train, etc. not to mention the leg room you have. I was surprised how smooth it was - you can actually get some work done on the way.

Soldato
What an amazing project - it should have a lot of life left in it. In one of my previous jobs I often used to chat to coach drivers from Ukraine and Belarus - most drove late 90s or early 2000s Vanhool and Setra models with over 3,000,000km on them, so yours is barely broken in. They'd drive them from home to the south of France and back every few weeks, with no concerns over reliability.

Soldato
OK this sounds quite exciting!

Apologies if these are stupid questions but I assume you have an appropriate license to drive something like this already? I'm guessing there's nothing stopping someone buying a large "commercial" large vehicle like this and just using it for pleasure, be it a huge coach or an HGV?

Where are you going to store it?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I may have the wrong man, but re the questions ref licenses, Dr Who actually drives commercial buses iirc.

Man of Honour
I've already said how great this is :)

I think one issue though is that it won't be very easy to drive in towns (it also won't be EURO4/5/6/whatever compliant) and caravan parks might not accept it overnight either. But it will be interesting to watch. Last year I watched a few vanlife youtube channels. There is one guy who has converted an old ambulance which seems the perfect size to me.

Soldato
OP
I've already said how great this is :)

I think one issue though is that it won't be very easy to drive in towns (it also won't be EURO4/5/6/whatever compliant) and caravan parks might not accept it overnight either. But it will be interesting to watch. Last year I watched a few vanlife youtube channels. There is one guy who has converted an old ambulance which seems the perfect size to me.

Not too worried about Caravan Parks, always a lay-by you can use (the joy of it being a vehicle that should take rest breaks). Vanlife is fine until you live it, then you are forever living in compromise, I don't want to compromise and after driving Buses around Bath for 4 years, I am used to dealing with very tight spaces (I also have a truck satnav that will stop me going anywhere that will give me a problem).

You going to get a small convertible car slung underneath in the luggage space, like that ludicrous one that was on Top Gear a few years back? :D

Here's the type of thing:
https://www.awesomeinventions.com/luxury-motorhome-with-a-built-in-garage/

I will have a motorcycle onboard or tow a Smart Car (yes it has a towbar). Underneath isn't an option without significantly rebuilding the structure as the space frame underneath is part of the body structure.

Back
Top Bottom