I can get this TV for £380....

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Why bother disguising the thread as a question? Of course its a good deal, but you knew that :)

Soldato
Nice telly but hear conflicting reports about it's black levels, most people saying that the S3000 is better value (not sure Sainsburys do those though!)

For £380 you cant really complain though. It should trounce all the lesser branded LCD TVs that sell for a similar price.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

its a good price, but its still a sony!
Come on now, no need for that ignorant remark ;)

The Bravia 40W2000 was excellent, and won several awards (albeit, last year) so it'd be harsh to categorise the whole Sony brand as poor.

Soldato
Isnt this a lesser 'sony' model made in turkey, in a Beko factory?

correct, i work with sony reps and their business centre all the time and sadly the U series is pants, its also discontinued as the major well known high street stores finished selling them around 6 months ago.

For £380 its not a bad buy I suppose, although the black level (contrast) is indeed pants as its not dynamic contrast unlike the other sony ranges currently in circulation.

Personally id have a good look around first before settling on a sony as TBH they arent all what people crack them up to be.\

BTW the person who mentioned the W2000 series, it was their first 1080p panel and had a wider colour pallet compared to anything before it so ofc it got rave reviews, shame the starting price was £1500 and its picture was below par compared to samsungs M series which came out near on the same time

Soldato
I have the 40D3000, its a fantastic set, ive had it about 3 or 4 months now so im having itchy feet again, but its definetly the best LCD ive owned, and i change my hdtv usually every 2 or 3 months (much to my wifes annoyance).

Soldato
I have the 40D3000, its a fantastic set, ive had it about 3 or 4 months now so im having itchy feet again, but its definetly the best LCD ive owned, and i change my hdtv usually every 2 or 3 months (much to my wifes annoyance).

You'll find it quite hard to find a decent lcd tv in the same size range with 100hz for the prices the D series (especially 40s as the 32 inch model is the same price in most places lol). Very nice piece of kit

Back
Top Bottom