I cant complete windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Probably the wrong section to post this in but hey ho it is 1:30 am and i have just about had enough of this computer now...

So.. long story short i had the total misfortune of buying a totally garbage pc before xmas....

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/infi...erclocked-watercooled-dream-pc-fs-462-oe.html

It has never worked since i got it blue screen every time i start it.. been back for ''repair'' all they did was turn it on and leave it running for a weekend... awesome tech support.. {not}

As soon as i got it back it was doing the same blue screen on startup not getting past bios screen.. regular crashes in the middle of things etc.

Had a whole lenghty email conversation with ''tech'' guys there which ended with me basicly unplugging things one by one until i got it started then leaving it on not daring to turn it off again..

Trouble is windows automatic updates where it needs to re start the pc

i have just failed another windows update tonight because as soon as windows trys to re start this heap of garbage. it fails.. blue screen hangs on bios screen with windows logo spinning forever more.

Windows update fails. and i then spend the next 2 hours trying to get the thing started again.

tell me guys am i doing something wrong here... should i have just cut out the middle man and flushed that money down the toilet as that is what i am thinking.

i have been a fool yes to let it go on this long i should have dumped this heap of garbage on there showroom floor and gone through my bank for a refund but hey you live and learn too late now i guess.

rant over..

{ i guess this will get deleted by s mod just like my review on there website did}

Associate
OP
Whats the BSOD message?

Must admit I am surprised you've put up with it since christmas if it is so broken :confused:.

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR.

It then goes into a loop of trying to repair itself.

then re starting itself where it hangs on the bios screen. been hung up there with the windows logo spinning for half an hour or more before i hit the re set button and the whole cycle starts over again.

After dong this over and over again eventually i get lucky and it starts, that is the point where i then never turn it off again for fear of never getting it started.

I have sitting next to me the report they sent me on the ''repair'' where they replaced a side panel {was scratched }.. removed the overclock that i had specifically not asked for in my original order. turned it on and left it running for a weekend. to them that was fixing it.

i put up with it since christmas because IF i got it running and NEVER turned it off. it was ok. {just ok }

Soldato
Personally I'd open a ticket in the customer services sub forum explaining what's going on and ask them for a resolution.

Sadly a quick google suggests it could be drivers or hardware. If it were me I'd reinstall windows in the hope it was a dodgy driver if not it would be going back. However I would suggest asking the customer services team how to proceed.

I know it's a hassle but really you should have raised the issue as soon as you got it back. At least it should still be covered by warranty.

Soldato
OP a case of all the gear and no idea? The PC equivalent of those full Lycra suited, carbon bike wielding office workers that can only be seen swerving the roads on a Sunday morning.

First find out whether it is the OS or not with a fresh install of windows 10.

To me it sounds like you sent the PC back, it completed some updates and was left running to show its stable. After receiving it again, you never switched it on and let it accumulate a ton of updates to install at once the next time it was turned off.

What you should have probably done is make sure it was stable after receiving it and see if it boots up smoothly again. If not, send it back. Hell, it may have been fine when you got it back but failed to install one the many updates you allowed it to build up since last turning it off.

Also, why that PC if you didnt want it overclocked?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom