• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I didn't realise what I was missing, what an upgrade! GTX780 > RTX2060

Associate
No point to this thread other than just letting people know how amazing my upgrade was. Back in august i upgraded my PC from an old X58 system to a Ryzen 7 2700x, that was a huge boost i found, general system speed increased and nothing seems to phase my system. I kept the GTX780 3gb though, at the time i didnt fancy getting a 1060 due to them being a bit old. Well friday i got my Gigabyte Windforce 2060 and holy hell its unreal, I play on 1440p, the 3gb VRAM on my 780 was too low, playing Monsterhunter World on the 780 was everything set to low and 1080p but now i can run 1440p on everything high, its like a whole new game! Everything I have played looks stunning!

Here you can see the Firestrike benchmark as i upgraded my pc gradually.

YGWEpq8.png

Associate
Congrats :) Personally I had an inverse of your situation, where my AMD FX-8350 bottlenecked the hell out of a 1070 Ti I'd bought as an upgrade from a GTX 970. It wasn't until I upgraded to a Ryzen 2700 that the system 'clicked' and performance increased massively.

Associate
well balanced rig, looking back the x5660 didnt do a bad job, all I can remember is X58 is hot as hell i.e even motherboard etc will heat up the case

Soldato
2060 is a decent upgrade option for people that didn't buy Pascal (or Maxwell), ignore the VRAM zealots. Definitely considering one to replace my 970...

Back
Top Bottom