I don't know if I want kids or not

Associate
If i ever tire of too much disposable income, free time and peace and quiet then i will have children to remove all of these instantly.
Never trust the opinion of a parent, they just want to drag you down to their misery level!

Soldato
One test to decide if you want kids or not is to turn your telly to the Ceebeebies channel. Then superglue all the other buttons of your remote so you can longer change channel. If after 5 years of this you still want kids, carry on.

Joking aside having kids is an amazing thing but it's not for everybody. My son is precious to me and I'll rain hell's fury on anybody that hurts him. It also makes any free time you have remaining precious too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it a bad thing that selfish people won't reproduce?

Nope, it's bad that a lot of the people who choose to reproduce aren't fit to be part of civilised society, let alone parents. But I'm sure society needs more dole scroungers having 6+ children in order to escape going to work.

It's still hilarious how some parents are out in full force justifying their life choices to other people on a forum, whilst at the same time trying to belittle others for theirs. Bit pathetic really.

Soldato
The wife and I are absolutely sure we don't want children which is awesome.

Our friends came over with their two year old last weekend. I lolled at their life and booked a city break to Lisbon leaving Weds.

Soldato
This thread is so depressing, full of self-centered materialistic guys unable to comprehend that our low birthrate is condemning Western European civilization to be replaced by more family orientated cultures from the East.

There's plenty of "families" spitting out 9-10 kids on the back of social care to make up for the people that dont want kids...

Associate
Your doubting yourself in the question, its a no if you not fully ready for it, its hard very hard work i regret doing it myself but as they say i did the crime now i do the time .

Enjoy yourlife and dont do it .

Soldato
Because every person with kids and/or marriage live exactly the same life? Like the comment about planting a seed and having nothing to do with it above. If it doesn't suit you personally, don't do it.

Jeez, another one missing the painfully obvious point and context.

I'll type slower next time :p

Soldato
Hows it selfish not to want kids they are a massive pain in the arse..i remember city breaks, eating out (finishing a meal and then ordering another bottle of wine) and banging the missus senseless...i call them the good old days.

Associate
This thread is so depressing, full of self-centered materialistic guys unable to comprehend that our low birthrate is condemning Western European civilization to be replaced by more family orientated cultures from the East.
You are Enoch Powell and i claim my £5.

Back
Top Bottom