I dont know what to do!

Permabanned
Hi,

I have the following rig:

3200+ OC'd to 2.6Ghz
1GB Geil RAM
DFI Ultra D

To me it seems Ok. But I dont know whether to go over to Conroe? Or just to stick here and plant an X2 in there?

The only thing with Conroe is the price. I mainly just browse the net etc. Play a bit of FPS and lots of LFS.
It runs Ok.
The graphics card is also a X850.

What should I do? Is it worth upgrading to Conroe?
Thanks

Soldato
If you wanna upgrade then do it. :cool:

The E6300 is a cracking buy at the moment, but a 3800x2 or something similar would also give you a sizeable increase in performance. :)

Permabanned
The spec you have now is still pretty good really, unless you notice lagging in games or slowness when computing whatever you want then there's not really a need to change hardware, IMO anyway. The conroe's will probably drop in price in a few months time hopefully.

Associate
ghgh said:
The spec you have now is still pretty good really, unless you notice lagging in games or slowness when computing whatever you want then there's not really a need to change hardware, IMO anyway. The conroe's will probably drop in price in a few months time hopefully.

Agreed ;)

Permabanned
OP
Aye, well, I think an X2 3800 will be a nice addition.
Would dual core make a difference in gaming?
For E.g I play LFS and Cod2. Would they make it any better? Or would I need a new GFX?

They are playable, I run them at 1024x768 which definately isnt too great, but allows me to put on AA and a few eye candy features :).

Soldato
I've got the same setup, but with a 3000 instead of a 3200. I've decided that when I want an upgrade a cheap X2 off the member market's the way I'll go.

fini

Soldato
Where do you want the extra performance, if its in games you want it, then just up the graphics card, cheaper then a big upgrade, there's no reason that system should be stuck down at 1024 x768 for full detail, unless the gpu is struggling.

That would be my choice game wise....

Back
Top Bottom