I don't think she liked that

Soldato
ROFL, some people are awesome! They get wound up about the smallest things. Being beaten by a Rover seems to be one of them!

On the way to work today, waiting at some traffic lights crossing a large crossroads (you've probably all heard about them before in my 9am drivers thread). Anyway, 2 lanes of traffic to go straight across. I was in the left, a woman in a Laguna 1.9dci to my right.

I noticed she was edging forward on the clutch before the lights changed, so when they did change I thought I'd have a bit of fun and put my foot down. Cue LOADS of black smoke from the back of the Laguna as the turbo spooled up. Gotta love diesels :D

Anyway, I got in front of her easily before the lanes merged and then had to slow for heavy traffic (there was only visible traffic behind us when we set off from the lights).

She eventually came past me in the traffic and I turned to look at her... not to provoke a reaction... just to see whether "I'd hit it" or not. I see her rather angrily giving me the 'banker' hand signal :D

What on earth did I do wrong? We both gunned it, she lost, I won.

HA! Take that stupid woman :D

(Sorry, I know it's childish, but it was funny at the time)

Soldato
Are you sure this woman tried to race you? :p

Devils advocate but she may have just wanted to pip ahead of you to merge into your lane. ;)

You sir are turning into the archetypal. :p

Soldato
Maybe she didn't gun it at all and thought you were a silly little kid?

Her clutch control was probably just naff.

(I don't think you are but this is likely what happened)

Soldato
She was annoyed because that lane is what she uses for her god given right to get advantage over everybody else on the road. What on eath were you thinking daring to come between her becoming one car further up in the traffic :confused: ;) :p

Soldato
OP
Creature, she wasn't bad actually :p

merlin and Tesla... yawn tbh :) Surely the mention of loads of black smoke and a turbo spooling up in my ear show that she was gunning it.

Anyway, Parkers are giving them a 0-60 time of around 10 seconds. That's the same as my 214. When me and westy had a quick race on the MM, I got about the same distance in front as I did today.

I'm not bragging I took part in a traffic light grand prix, I was just commenting how funny it was to see this woman get so annoyed that she got omgzpwn3d by a Rover :D

Associate
Get it a lot tbh. You zoom in front on the lights... more often than not they start to get dangerous just to get ahead. I had gone guy undertake me and nearly take out another car as he vented his rage in me being in front.

Soldato
She was going for it, and lost. Modern diesel syndrome, tbh :cool:

I had a 1.9D Fiesta Van try to filter in front at a set of lights the other day. A little bit of low-rpm second gear torque was enough to put me a mile in front. When I came to the next roundabout, I can hear this massive screeching noise - what's that I wonder? I look in my mirror and the Fiesta Van is trying to hurtle around the inside chevroned lane of the roundabout to overtake me. Oddly, he was screeching, and I was going a completely normal speed. I just put a bit of throttle on and drove away :p

Soldato
OP
I've just realised why I beat her off the line.

My car must be so lightweight since I removed all the rust. The extra holes in the body must add to the streamlined effect as well.

Soldato
I'm sure the highway code states that you were clearly in the wrong:

842: Always allow pretty girlies to pull infront of you while you try your hardest to look cool with your arm out of the window.

Back
Top Bottom