I drink to much caffeine

Soldato
I don't over do it with the Coka cola as much any more but I still enjoy my hot mugs of coffee. I'm trying to think of a hot drink I can drink a lot but totally caffeine free.

I want it to replace coffee so I may drink it four or five times a day and won't cost me a packet drinking it that often. I'm a very anxious person you see and caffeine won't help me at all.

Any idea?

Soldato
As above, although use caution as some decaffinate the coffee with chemicals (bad for you) and others use some sort of hydration (good for you). This is true of all decaf products.

You could also try Twinings Leomon & Ginger (my fav) or any of the assortment they've got.

I think real green tea is quite nice, although that probably varies between individuals.

Normal PG tips tea is quite good, not too much caffeine and as long as you don't swish it around your mouth it won't stain your teeth. Twinings also do one that's mixed with green tea but tastes like normal, you put milk in and everything, the only difference as I understand it is that it's better for you.

I'm sure something else will come to me soon. You just have to think about replacing coffee with something that tastes great and is healthy.

Associate
Definately green tea.
I started drinking it a few weeks ago, and have pretty much completely ditched coffee and "normal" tea in favour of it now, I don't know about anyone else but green tea relaxes me quickly.

Look for Tetley green tea with lemon, or the new range of Twinings green teas, they're all nice and easy to get along with.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I drink quite a lot of coffee, and not the poofy decaff stuff either. Should I be worried?

Nope. Do what you want in your spare time at your own convenience, in your own time and at your own comfort. We only live once.

Besides, I don't think there's anything out there that isn't killing us these days! :eek: :p

Soldato
OP
I sleep well but I get very anxious and my blood pressure has gotten high I have red cheeks all most all the time. My blood pressure last time I went doctors was 149/98 yesterday on the home blood pressure test we have it was 149/107.

Now I'm sure the fact I get really anxious person is one of the reasons its so high and I get even more anxious when having my blood pressure done. Dam them over used brain chemicals.

Associate
WatchTower said:
I sleep well but I get very anxious and my blood pressure has gotten high I have red cheeks all most all the time. My blood pressure last time I went doctors was 149/98 yesterday on the home blood pressure test we have it was 149/107.

Yep, i'd definately say you should ditch caffeine, or at least minimise your intake as much as possible.

Soldato
WatchTower said:
I don't over do it with the Coka cola as much any more but I still enjoy my hot mugs of coffee. I'm trying to think of a hot drink I can drink a lot but totally caffeine free.

I want it to replace coffee so I may drink it four or five times a day and won't cost me a packet drinking it that often. I'm a very anxious person you see and caffeine won't help me at all.

Any idea?

Green tea with lemon

Soldato
daveyj27 said:
We do indeed.
Still.......shame to cut it short unnecessarily early though. ;) :D

I dunno, 2 or 3 years of my life is worth it if it means more comfort and enjoyment throughout my entire life. Maybe I won't have the same opinion of my death bed, but I know it makes sense! :D

Permabanned
WatchTower said:

Now I'm sure the fact I get really anxious person is one of the reasons its so high and I get even more anxious when having my blood pressure done. Dam them over used brain chemicals.
Why do you get anxious?

Back
Top Bottom