I enjoy driving to work some mornings

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Comedy drive in this morning. The guy behind me was obviously getting eggy at my driving because he wanted to go faster. As a rule I tend to stick to 35 max in the 30 zones and keep it under 40 and he was taking major offence at this. At one point I caught a glance in the mirror and he was actually bearing his teeth! I thought he was going to die of stressarama banana consumption. On the other hand he could have been laughing at the radio. Might have been one of those unfortunate people who have an insincere smile. You know the type, flash a smile but look at it again and it could be a grimace or a snarl.

I find it hilarious that people get so stressed out on the road. This guy really did look like he was going to blow his top :D

Edit: Note: this post only concerns 30mph limits.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the same thing on the way to the garage last Monday.
Slow moving traffic going up a hill, eventually leading to some traffic lights which are always rammed.
Anyway, a car was waiting to turn right in to a side road on my side of the road and he was obviously blocking the oncoming traffic while he waited. There were also two people waiting to pull out of said road to go left along the same way as me.
I thought I could kill three birds with one stone and so I let them all go - it took probably 5 seconds max, however that was too much for the fat ****** behind me who decided to sound his horn at me! I turned round and gave him a wave, smile and then a thumbs up and proceeded to be on my way, with him close behind me.

Needless to say I stuck to 29.99mph the whole way down that road and he loved it, I could see his little cheeks getting redder and redder as we crept along the busy street until eventually the excitement became too much for him and he went shooting past on the other side of the road to cut across a car park and get a bit further up.

Imagine his glee when he realised nobody would let him out and finally when I came pootling past him, window down, big grin on my face giving him a big happy smile!

Awww...if I coulda' hugged him I woulda' - what a cutie!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
He was probably in a rush, i get the same thing with people who drive stupidly slowly. Did you flash your lights when he eventually managed to be on his way?

Soldato
Ha ha, I love it when cars shout abuse at you becuase they feel like blaming you for their bad driving, then you pull up at some lights and the car is on your right, ready for you to tell them some home truths and hurl shocking abuse at them.

I can't stand it when people drive stupidly slow, eg. 25 in a 40 zone, thats when my veins pop out, especially if its a woman in like a Z4 roadster or a soft top ford ka, those cars, god, i just wanna burn them with their drivers in them :mad:

Transmission breaker
Don
I had one the other day, i had come off a roundabout into a section of road that has three lanes.
Left lane is for turning left (onto dual carridgeway), right lane for entering a roundabout, and the middle lane is for either.

There was a bus in the left lane, i wanted to turn left, so i took the middle lane and started to make a move to overtake a lady in a micra who was behind the bus. I had my front wing level with her door when she decided to not indicate and overtake the bus.

I beep my horn and then brake as she continues to move out. She then sticks her fingers out the window at me and gives me some abuse.

All because i was letting her know where i was, and that she was about to hit me whilst changing lane without indicating?

I dunno, some people :(

Soldato
Jez said:
He was probably in a rush, i get the same thing with people who drive stupidly slowly.

35 in a 30 zone is not stupidly slow. It does appear to annoy a lot of people though, which is why I take great pleasure in sticking to the speed limit in urban areas and then leaving them for dead when the road opens up.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Dogbreath said:
35 in a 30 zone is not stupidly slow. It does appear to annoy a lot of people though, which is why I take great pleasure in sticking to the speed limit in urban areas and then leaving them for dead when the road opens up.

It depends on the area, do you not agree? Most of them are nonesense. Anyway it wasnt really that, it was the keeping it under 40 as a general rule, i assume that meant in other limits too.

Annoying++

Soldato
had one this morning, sat at traffic lights with every man and his dog in the left lane (to go straight on) and nobody in the right hand lane (used for going straight on and turning right)

so i dropped into the right lane and took off at a steady space, some ejit in a 'P' reg merc who obviously realised that his car was worth sod all took it upon himself to place their bonnet right up to the bumper of the car infront (that i let go) in a desperate attempt not to allow me to merge back in with the stream of traffic.

the general rule i follow is, let 1 car in, then take your spot, guy behind lets another car in etc etc.... not this time, he wanted to be special.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Jez said:
Ah, thats ok then, thought you meant in general
Oi!

fRostiE said:
the general rule i follow is, let 1 car in, then take your spot, guy behind lets another car in etc etc.... not this time, he wanted to be special.
But what about when there's some guy trying to merge from your right AND YOU'VE GOT A BAD DOSE OF RAGE. AND HE'S NOT GOING TO GET IN BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO LET HIM AAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!111Z

/points to vein popped up on temple and tendons showing in neck

You do have to wonder what's going on their heads sometimes :D

anger.gif

Back
Top Bottom