I feel kinda stupid RMA'ing a mousemat

Soldato
Even though its a £25 mousemat! Steelpad 5L, honestly the best mousemat I have owned, I love the sheer size of it now that I am back on my RatPadz GS. However it has warped and no longer sits flat on the table so when I move the mouse, the mat moves too rotating on the centre of the mat as the sides are not touching the table.

Anyone else RMA'd a mousemat before?

Soldato
OP
trojan698:
ubern00b said:
However it has warped and no longer sits flat on the table so when I move the mouse, the mat moves too rotating on the centre of the mat as the sides are not touching the table.

Ulfhedjinn: Aye, they havent accepted the RMA yet so they may turn around and tell me where to go, worth a try tho anyway :D

Soldato
It still serves a purpose, if it does not correctly serve that purpose as it should it is not fit for use, and therefore i would say that it warrants an RMA.

You pay £25 for keyboards and mice, and they warrant RMA if they are faulty, why can't a mousemat?....

Soldato
OP
6 months old... I wouldnt say that should be the life of a product. Its got a 2 year warranty so 2 years is what the manufacturer deems is good enough for the life of a product I guess.

Associate
6 months for a mousemat is not acceptable usuage even if it cost 25 quid. RMA it, your quiet entitled to an replacment surely a mousemat should last 12 months minimum.

Associate
Do it, if lots send the same mousemat back OC will stop selling them as they won't stock rubbish.

For 25 quid it should last a while and even make the tea.

:)

Soldato
My £3.50 mousemat has lasted nearly 2 years now. I personally wouldn't pay £25 for a mousemat, seems a bit stupid really... but if it has a 2 year warranty send it back. Theres no point having a warranty if your not going to make use of it should you need to.

Associate
I RMA'ed a mouse pad once too. It was an xtrac surface and the centre of it wore down to smooth inside a couple of months, so when the mouse hit the centre of the pad it slowed down a lot. They sent me a new one but the same happened to that, so I gave up. It's not unreasonable to RMA a premium bit of gaming kit if it significantly deteriorates inside an unreasonable time period :p

Back
Top Bottom