• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I feel like buying GPU's is a form of therapy for me... Anyone else?

Associate
It's all financed then old card is sold to put towards monthly payments of the new one.

That's how you get the best of the best. I manage to do this and i'm not even working. Yes my bank is constantly overdrawn but at-least I have fun with the latest cool tech :D

You bought a card for 1200 quid as per your other thread and you bought it on finance?

Look, it's your money to do with as you please. But I can't help thinking that's crazy trousers, totally. Not something I'd do personally. You were on about that card being good for price/performance, this 3080FE cost me 159 quid after I sold my old card. That's good price/performance.

I'm only saying the following to make a point and nothing else. I could have paid 1200 cash for that or any similar priced card, I could have the best of the best if that's all I wanted.

However I don't. I want the best price to performance and I want to pay for it in one go so it's mine immediately. As the above poster says, sounds like you're digging a hole for yourself.

But it's your money..etc..etc.

Associate
I can understand FOMO this generation with how long the mining boom and shortage has gone on compared to other mining booms. I admire those people who have stuck out the shortage and not given in to the high prices, if everyone had done that they would have either come down in price or stayed on shelves. Personally I usually wait for a generation of card to go E.O.L and buy it at a discount. Hence a 970 strix at £180 and Vega 56 at £235, to name a couple. This time I was able to sell my Vega for more than it cost me new, then get a 3060ti FE, and trade that for my 6800. So 2 new cards this generation for the price of my old one, and I updated sooner than expected. Now I am all set until the 4000/7000 series go EOL.

I hope that the prices come down to MRSP soon for those still waiting

Soldato
wow the number of cards some people have gone through this gen when we had shortage and inflated prices , I went from 5700xt to 3080fe would have stayed with the 5700xt if nvidia didnt do FE drops no chance would pay the inflated prices
The price doesn't matter if you can sell the card for the same as you bought it for easily because people are desperate for them. If the card is £2000 and you sell it for £2000 after a 3 months you lost nothing. If you bought a £500 in normal times youed lose £200-300 if you sold it used.

Soldato
The price doesn't matter if you can sell the card for the same as you bought it for easily because people are desperate for them. If the card is £2000 and you sell it for £2000 after a 3 months you lost nothing. If you bought a £500 in normal times youed lose £200-300 if you sold it used.

the prices are dropping daily I cant get £1200 for 3080fe anymore doubt them days will come back anytime soon, yeah people exploited it heck I could even sold the 5700xt sapphire and maybe put in £50-£100 for the 3080fe

Soldato
You bought a card for 1200 quid as per your other thread and you bought it on finance?

Look, it's your money to do with as you please. But I can't help thinking that's crazy trousers, totally. Not something I'd do personally. You were on about that card being good for price/performance, this 3080FE cost me 159 quid after I sold my old card. That's good price/performance.

I'm only saying the following to make a point and nothing else. I could have paid 1200 cash for that or any similar priced card, I could have the best of the best if that's all I wanted.

However I don't. I want the best price to performance and I want to pay for it in one go so it's mine immediately. As the above poster says, sounds like you're digging a hole for yourself.

But it's your money..etc..etc.

It does make me laugh that people are prepared to pay 1K+ for a card but baulk at spending £25 on a game "I'm not paying that price! I'll wait for a sale/CDkeys" etc.

Soldato
cex was offering £1200 only few months ago
Exactly, so all the people who've been changing GPUs up until a few months ago were Quid's in regardless of the price they paid. They hadn't dropped until then despite the tech media saying they would every other day, which scared many people into not buying when they could have done and been fine.

Soldato
no it makes me cringe now, the stupid prices, only one FE per household, lack of stock, scalpers, miners. It all sucks now

Associate
OP
Well that's me out of the GPU rat race. I'm balls deep and up to my eyeballs in finance for awhile. Do whatever it takes to have the best though right? ;) Time to try and flog my 3070. Going ignore news i hear about the 4000 series for the next 6 months. The Strix is easily the most premium card i've ever owned. Feels like Christmas for me... proper chuft!!!!

All for the bargain price of just £1250 :D:D:D

20220315-172239.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well that's me out of the GPU rat race. I'm balls deep and up to my eyeballs in finance for awhile. Do whatever it takes to have the best though right? ;) Time to try and flog my 3070. Going ignore news i hear about the 4000 series for the next 6 months. The Strix is easily the most premium card i've ever owned. Feels like Christmas for me... proper chuft!!!!

All for the bargain price of just £1250 :D:D:D

20220315-172239.jpg

Enjoy!

Associate
OP
That has got to be the most exciting unboxing of a graphics card I've opened. They even include a ruler with your Strix to measure the size of your Manhood :cry: and also Strix shiny Pokemon style trading card??? The GPU itself weighs a ton and is built like a tank... I think I've suddenly become an ASUS / ROG fanboy. Lol... :D

20220316-061644.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom