• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I feel like buying GPU's is a form of therapy for me... Anyone else?

Associate
Well that's me out of the GPU rat race. I'm balls deep and up to my eyeballs in finance for awhile. Do whatever it takes to have the best though right? ;) Time to try and flog my 3070. Going ignore news i hear about the 4000 series for the next 6 months. The Strix is easily the most premium card i've ever owned. Feels like Christmas for me... proper chuft!!!!

All for the bargain price of just £1250 :D:D:D

20220315-172239.jpg

Nice card if it was around £750, so only £500 wasted lol, have the cash spare but wouldn't dream spending that much on a 3080 12Gb could have bought a new 3090 FE for £1399 24Gb about a week ago.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That has got to be the most exciting unboxing of a graphics card I've opened. They even include a ruler with your Strix to measure the size of your Manhood :cry: and also Strix shiny Pokemon style trading card??? The GPU itself weighs a ton and is built like a tank... I think I've suddenly become an ASUS / ROG fanboy. Lol... :D

20220316-061644.jpg

Let's not forget this post folks :p

Soldato
You also have the option for the FE 3080ti £1049 it's one of the cards that stay instock for awhile so have enough time when alerted of the drop , 3090 stays instock for hours

The 3080, 3060ti and 3070 are the ones that sell out within min

Associate
You also have the option for the FE 3080ti £1049 it's one of the cards that stay instock for awhile so have enough time when alerted of the drop , 3090 stays instock for hours

Yeah I've notice would love the 3080 FE girlfriend will buy it for me, if not possible will keep my 3060Ti FE and then wait for the 4070 or 4080.
That 3080Ti FE is so over priced not far off the Asus Strix 3080 12Gb.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's great didn't know about the extra's it's a bargain, you seem happy with the card that's all that matter's.

If I only had a 3060Ti I'd be jealous too ;)

1) None of those FE cards in stock. 2) Some people must finance their GPU's. :)

Soldato

Yeah you need to prepare :) you need to join the alert channel to get pinged usually drop once per month, look at the FE thread on here plenty got cards . 80ti and 3090 are very easy just would need to wait month or so :) you don't need to be refreshing the site 24/7

I've followed the drops for over a year. I got the 3080 within 2 months I missed the first one just couldn't add to basket got it the second time

Also 2 of my friends also managed to get FE cards 60ti and 3070 after telling them about the alert groups

Associate

Yeah having to use finance is a problem for the FE cards they'll be all sold out time payment goes through.

The 3060Ti FE is a massive upgrade over my 1050Ti it's all I need really but still would love a cheap 3080 12Gb, only started PC gaming again this year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i think folk need to get out more if you get excited from buying a gpu:cry: a gpu is an essential item for playing games, i would understand if you got the thrill from playing at high res with high fps of a decent game, but not a bit of plastic casing itself:cry:
Is that a serious post? I and much of the PC gaming world have been getting excited about new GPU releases/hardware since the early 2000's and to say there is anything strange about that itself just a projection of your own insecurity. Embrace your inner nerd, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I can't imagine going into debt to buy a GPU. I certainly couldn't relax and play games with the stress of debt lingering over me.
If it's 0% finance then it's better than paying all at once unless your income is very unstable.

Soldato
Is that a serious post? I and much of the PC gaming world have been getting excited about new GPU releases/hardware since the early 2000's and to say there is anything strange about that itself just a projection of your own insecurity. Embrace your inner nerd, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

If it's 0% finance then it's better than paying all at once unless your income is very unstable.
contentment at getting high fps with visual quality?, yeah, aexcited t bit of silicone that gets me there?, nah. interested in the tech and whats coming? for sure

Caporegime
contentment at getting high fps with visual quality?, yeah, aexcited t bit of silicone that gets me there?, nah. interested in the tech and whats coming? for sure
The majority of the gaming community gets excited when they receive and install their shiny new GPU and that has been the case in the community since decades. So yeah, trying to act cool by telling everyone how people need to get out more simply for being excited by a new GPU is probably the least cool thing I have seen on the forum in a while. Epic fail.

Soldato
The majority of the gaming community gets excited when they receive and install their shiny new GPU and that has been the case in the community since decades. So yeah, trying to act cool by telling everyone how people need to get out more simply for being excited by a new GPU is probably the least cool thing I have seen on the forum in a while. Epic fail.
cool? haha, indeed i think you may need to ge out more judging by that reply:cry:

Back
Top Bottom