I finally Bought something, (and it's never been written off)

Soldato
They are great cars but not without their issues, mine only lasted for a few months before I took an opportunity to sell it because the niggles started to outweigh the positives, the ride drove me absolutely bonkers at times which can be sorted with springs but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle

You'll enjoy it especially if you're younger than me the lad that bought mine absolutely loved it and I imagine its even more enjoyable with an LSD

Associate
OP
What is it with me and cars. Now I've checked it over this is the list of issues.

Cigarette lighter socket not working and lighter missing,
Blank service history book, (unstamped) (told it had full service history)
No manual
Bonnet was full of stone chips
Front near side wing clearly been resprayed as masking tape still on the headlight with red paint.
Near side door resprayed with dripping paint from the ridges
Near side door scuff plate loose and clip broken
Near side door switch for interior light missing and wire sticking out of a hole in the door
Fuel filler cap raised at the front
Plastic clip on near side rear light cluster broken off
Driver car mat clip missing so mat slides under clutch pedal
Missing USB connector lead.

Clearly been in a bump and has been badly repaired. I'm sending it back and I might have found a black 11 plate one that is honda approved used for a little more money.

Wish me luck (third time lucky)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Id wait until it's dark and raining and I would also leave your glasses at home and insist on not taking this other one for a test drive before you buy it. I'd also phone up and put a deposit on it before you go and see it. Actually, don't go and see it, just pay for it and get it delivered to a service station, leave the keys on the nearside front wheel.

Associate
OP
Long story short I reserved it 4 weeks ago, went away on holiday and it was delivered when I got back. When I checked it i didn't notice any of these things, garage claim nothing has happened to it whilst I've been away I'm not accepting it and they are going to take it back.

Caporegime
Long story short I reserved it 4 weeks ago, went away on holiday and it was delivered when I got back. When I checked it i didn't notice any of these things, garage claim nothing has happened to it whilst I've been away I'm not accepting it and they are going to take it back.

Where did you buy it from?

Associate
OP
Carshop Swindon. Car supermarket. Realy poor to be honest.

The black one is in Honda Sunderland. I'm up north at the minute so its convenient. Probably worth me having one thats Honda approved as I'm really picky after my two disasters!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Carshop Swindon. Car supermarket. Realy poor to be honest.

The black one is in Honda Sunderland. I'm up north at the minute so its convenient. Probably worth me having one thats Honda approved as I'm really picky after my two disasters!

I doubt you will have an easy job sending it back if your concerns are purely cosmetic....

Soldato

Well clearly you were having a special moment, are registered blind, or didn't bother checking at all. All those things are easy enough to spot and frighteningly obvious.

Get rid of this POS example asap and get yourself a decent one.

Id wait until it's dark and raining and I would also leave your glasses at home and insist on not taking this other one for a test drive before you buy it. I'd also phone up and put a deposit on it before you go and see it. Actually, don't go and see it, just pay for it and get it delivered to a service station, leave the keys on the nearside front wheel.

Seems like he took your advice literally!

:D:D:D

Associate
OP
There already pestering me to see when they can pick it up. I'm away all this week in it and have no other alternative so they can whistle till Tuesday.

Must have been having a special moment when checking it to be honest. I've never been too good with second hand cars. I'm going to be forensically thorough with the black one.

Noticed they had changed a tyre on it too since I saw it as it had 4 premiums on it when I first saw it and now it has 2x continentals on the front, 1 P-zero on the back and a random cheap thing on the back too

Last edited:
Soldato
There already pestering me to see when they can pick it up. I'm away all this week in it and have no other alternative so they can whistle till Tuesday.

Must have been having a special moment when checking it to be honest. I've never been too good with second hand cars. I'm going to be forensically thorough with the black one.

Noticed they had changed a tyre on it too since I saw it as it had 4 premiums on it when I first saw it and now it has 2x continentals on the front, 1 P-zero on the back and a random cheap thing on the back too

Sounds like a mare. Good luck getting it all resolved quickly.

Hey, I bought my DC2 with a crunching 4th to 5th as the seller never changed out of 4th in the test drive. I was soo 'OMG VTECCCC' that I never asked him to!

You make a mistake like this once and learn from it so as to never repeat it again!

Back
Top Bottom