Don
Caporegime
Associate
OP
thats hardly the same though is it.
https://www.larkandlarks.co.uk/the-lark/what-are-shaker-doors-2364
suggests it's for kitchens

it looks like the exact same render just higher res, this guys been had or what

They've been available in bedroom, bathroom, office and lounge furnitures for just as long.

Tbh is it really a big deal if similar designs are used for different rooms? Most furniture designs you find in kitchens can easily be found in other rooms too. If someone happens to use oak kitchen units, does that mean anything made from oak is now kitchen furniture?

Soldato
thats hardly the same though is it.
https://www.larkandlarks.co.uk/the-lark/what-are-shaker-doors-2364
suggests it's for kitchens

He's actually done himself a blinder.

By actually searching for "Shaker style tv unit" it's come up with an 8ft solid pine tv cabinet for £825 and they are handmade in their workshop and painted in farrell and ball paint. I imagine that given they state they can do bespoke options, you could add an extra 29cm onto the end quite easily and get it done in a slightly different colour/also painted internally if you wanted.

https://www.prestigepine.co.uk/tv-cabinets/67-solid-pine-8ft-painted-tv-stand-unit-cabinet

It also had the added advantage of actually looking like a piece of front room furniture as opposed to kitchen cabinets.

Associate
OP, how is the radiator going to play ball with the unit being used to house a PC? You said the radiator will still work inside the cabinet as there are vents on top. But you also said you were installing fans to cool the PC.

Associate
OP

By actually searching for "Shaker style tv unit" it's come up with an 8ft solid pine tv cabinet for £825 and they are handmade in their workshop and painted in farrell and ball paint. I imagine that given they state they can do bespoke options, you could add an extra 29cm onto the end quite easily and get it done in a slightly different colour/also painted internally if you wanted.

https://www.prestigepine.co.uk/tv-cabinets/67-solid-pine-8ft-painted-tv-stand-unit-cabinet

It also had the added advantage of actually looking like a piece of front room furniture as opposed to kitchen cabinets.

It says 'FROM' £825, that would be for the smallest unit they make. However that company is one that never came up on any search for 'fitted furniture', I wasn't specifically searching for 'shaker lounge units', I just happened to look at the ones that such companies offered.

Associate
OP
The two units with narrower doors on the left and right will have a wall separating them from the middle, think theres another separation between the second and third middle units, but not fully sure on that.

Soldato
It says 'FROM' £825, that would be for the smallest unit they make. However that company is one that never came up on any search for 'fitted furniture', I wasn't specifically searching for 'shaker lounge units', I just happened to look at the ones that such companies offered.

Yes and the 7ft version says from £695 so your assumption is clearly wrong (along with the 6ft version being cheaper again)

I imagine the "from" is the standard package and then any bespoke customisations would be extra, as it states in the advert you can add oak/rough sawn tops and change the handles.

It also wouldn't come up because it's not fitted furniture because you don't seem to actually require fitted furniture, just a unit the correct side. There's no "fitting" needed.

Caporegime
but it tells you the base dimensions so you can get an idea, it's not that hard to cut a piece of wood longer in a workshop unless it's so long they need to specially order some.
Base w - 240cm h - 67cm d - 40cm​
We are happy to design a piece of furniture to your specifications and discuss any requirements you may have. We are very competitive on our prices and pride ourselves on our customer service.
If you are looking for a bespoke, made to measure item please contact us (7 days a week) where we will be happy to discuss your requirements.​

Soldato

I actually quite like that, not a bad price either.

Associate
OP
Yes and the 7ft version says from £695 so your assumption is clearly wrong (along with the 6ft version being cheaper again)

I imagine the "from" is the standard package and then any bespoke customisations would be extra, as it states in the advert you can add oak/rough sawn tops and change the handles.

Right, well did you or anyone else know about that company until you just found it right now? If they aren't visible when searching for fitted furniture and not one person anywhere has ever recommended them, how am I supposed to know about them?

Soldato
Right, well did you or anyone else know about that company until you just found it right now? If they aren't visible when searching for fitted furniture and not one person anywhere has ever recommended them, how am I supposed to know about them?

Because it literally came up when i typed your search term of "shaker style tv unit" into google.

I've not spent hours looking, i put that into google and found it in 30 seconds. I imagine there would be many alternatives even cheaper if you didn't want a solid wood unit.

Back
Top Bottom