I found the Evo I was looking for. (V RS Content)

Soldato
OP
This car is just mega. Insanely jealous.

So clean. Epic.

Thanks guys

Very nice :) Really like how clean it is.

I have SR5s in my Impreza and they get uncomfortable after a while. Not so much in the hips but they dig into my thighs. Shame as they look great in the car.

Yeah I think the base on some of them are quite shallow but these are like new. Was sat in it watching TV in the living room last night :cry:

Soldato
Thanks guys

Yeah I think the base on some of them are quite shallow but these are like new. Was sat in it watching TV in the living room last night :cry:

Ha excellent. I've got an old Pole Position which is currently in my Evo. The interior was stripped out so needed a seat :) Once the engine is in and she's ready to collect the drive home will be good seat time in the Pole. If it's more comfy, I'll swap out the SR5s.

Soldato
OP
Ha excellent. I've got an old Pole Position which is currently in my Evo. The interior was stripped out so needed a seat :) Once the engine is in and she's ready to collect the drive home will be good seat time in the Pole. If it's more comfy, I'll swap out the SR5s.

lol can't go wrong with a PP

if you want some mint VIII MR interior I'll have some for sale shortly :cry:

Soldato
if you want some mint VIII MR interior I'll have some for sale shortly :cry:

Thanks. I took out the interior as I bought new skins for the seats. Had a local upholsterer fit them at an eye watering cost. Also covered the ABC pillars in grey faux alcantara (feels nice :) )

The rebuild has gone over time (and budget :eek: ) and I only had a small window to catch the upholsterer before he was booked out for the year so had to go collect them. Feels like I'm bringing the car home a part at a time!

51831884331_a9121c1250_w.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I took out the interior as I bought new skins for the seats. Had a local upholsterer fit them at an eye watering cost. Also covered the ABC pillars in grey faux alcantara (feels nice :) )

The rebuild has gone over time (and budget :eek: ) and I only had a small window to catch the upholsterer before he was booked out for the year so had to go collect them. Feels like I'm bringing the car home a part at a time!

51831884331_a9121c1250_w.jpg

Look lovely! The 8 and 9 MR seats are quite comfy, I think.

Just picked this up, factory option RS brace. Should polish up.
unknown.png

Soldato
OP
So after a long winter, the car went back for a clean bill of health and check-up with some minor tweaks thrown in.

After waiting a long while for a particular manifold upon arrival I wasn't impressed at all with the porting so it was sent back. Ultimately, I ended up going JMF instead which is tried and tested but also amazing quality. I wasn't expecting much in the way of gains as the stock manifold flows very well and isn't really a problem until upward of 500HP, however, I'm hoping the car will sound more aggressive. 4G63s aren't well known for being particularly great-sounding four-bangers. In tow with the manifold, also opted for an Evo 9 metal BOV and a turbo smart actuator.

Once on, the car was popped onto the dyno for a map check. Last year, the car made an impressive 466HP at 1.6 bar of boost. We upped the boost at the same 1.6, then up to 1.8 bar after surge with the aforementioned changes with a peak of 485 at the fly. Considering this is on a turbo based on the original MHI TD05 core found on an Evo 9 (but with 71mm (Exducer) HTA billet compressor wheel), you can't really expect more than that. In fact, Owens claims the range for this turbo to be within 460-480HP. The car was very snappy as it was, but that's going to be a reasonable uplift. It's what I'd call a "proper" 485HP!

Also installed an HKS Bright Gauge onto the steering column. One of the last ones available as HKS has since discontinued them. May not be to everyone's taste, but this is a 90s JDM car, and this is definitely JDM AF!

rz89xRt.jpg

HUKcDyo.jpg

VbqmgED.jpg

Soldato
Be interested to hear how you find the SR3s on a run. I have SR5s in my Impreza and they get uncomfortable really quickly. Right leg is dead after an hour or so. Shame as they look great I have an old Recaro Pole and a new Corbeau Pro to try out.

Your Evo is looking well!

Soldato
OP
Be interested to hear how you find the SR3s on a run. I have SR5s in my Impreza and they get uncomfortable really quickly. Right leg is dead after an hour or so. Shame as they look great I have an old Recaro Pole and a new Corbeau Pro to try out.

Your Evo is looking well!

Cheers

Was out in it all day Saturday, can’t really say I’ve any complaints. More comfy than the 8MR seats that were in there previously! They are basically new, though. One has quite possibly been retrimmed.

Back
Top Bottom