1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have never had a printer that has lasted so long on inks before

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Phil2008, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Phil2008

Sgarrista

I have a brother MFC-J410 and I installed my first set of compatible ink in my printer just over a year now and they still haven't run out. I would say Ive printed at least 200 6.4" photos, plus a load of scans and docs. I would of gotten through at least 4 sets of inks if I were using the originals. The original inks must have next to nothing in them:eek:

2. Energize

Caporegime

Ink what's that? Been enjoying the thousands of prints laser printers offer for years now, when the toner runs out you just throw them away and buy a new printer with a full set. :D

3. Phil2008

Sgarrista

Yeah I wouldn't mind a laser printer, but a colour one cost loads, plus you cant get meny all in one laser printers?. I read somewhere that inkjet printers are better for photo printing?

4. Phil2008

Sgarrista

My inks has just ran out 3-4weeks ago.. It makes you realize just how little amount of ink goes into the originals, and your paying about 50% more too...... WHAT A RIP OFF

But saying this, Ive never had a printer that lasted more then a few months on inks, genuine or compatibles before. This printer costs about £25-£30 a yr to run with decent set of compatibles. Plus it automatically clean its self even when its switched off, so it shouldn't ever get blocked up..... Happy days:cool:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  5. chippy08

Mobster

Ciss ink system for me makes ink cheaper.

6. Phil2008

Sgarrista

Yeah I thought about that, but I dont use the printer that much for Ciss, as Im guessing if I bought ciss ink, 1 set will out last the printer:D Plus 1set of inks per yr at £25 - £30 is more then cheap enough for me.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  7. Phil2008

Sgarrista

Just checked and for a full set of good compatible inks for my printer its £15 now. I am sure it was £25-30 last year

8. Energize

Caporegime

Colour lasers are less than £200, yeah they arent normally all in one because the target market wants reliability which is sacrificed in an all in one device. Photos are fine on a laser but not as good as a good inkjet, but then again its cheap and convienient to have somewhere else print your photos these days.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  9. chippy08

Mobster

My new printer epson cost me £35 my ciss cost me £29 and that has 100ml of each colour 4 colours.
    My old Epson r300 used with ciss for 6 years printer still works fine it was just us who ran ciss too low and got air in it.

10. Kosmiche

Perma Banned

I think I'll definetely buy a mono laser printer next time I need a printer.

I get my photo's done in Boots.

11. Merlin5

Capodecina

I'm still using my old HP scanjet 3300C and HP 840C printer. Had them since new many years ago and because I don't do much scanning or printing they're as good as new. :) Only downside with the scanner is that I have to load vbox to scan in windows XP environment as there's no W7 drivers for it, but for the few times a year I scan things, it's only a minor inconvenience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mr_White

Soldato

Stump up or stop complaining. Ink printers are **** :p

13. SoC

Gangster

Agreed but colour lasers have only started to appeal to the mass market price wise. I can remember when one colour laser overhead transparency cost 1AUD. That said, my next printer will be a laser, just waiting to use-up all the ink I got on sale. :)

SoC

14. Energize

Caporegime

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say...

15. Philtor

Soldato

Use a mono laserjet for day to day printing myself. If I need pictures printing then I'll use the likes of Snapfish.