I have seen the light... (and thanks)

Soldato
For years I've always loved big cases, since they're easy to work in, you can add stuff without worry, and generally they give a great deal of flexibility for future plans.

I've done something new this time though...the upgrades have happened all at once...so the case could shrink! The Sugo SG01-F is the first SFF to grace my desk (replacing the far from diminutive Chieftec BX02), and I can see myself sticking with this strange idea of "less is more".

Thanks to all those who either answered my questions, or have in the past posted info about their setups and pros/cons - the information on this forum is an extremely useful resource, provided by you, so thanks!

P.S. As a parting sidenote about the SG01 itself, I was slightly disappointed with the volume of the fans, even through a fan controller. I've since swapped them out for my old Sharkoon SL3s, and the noise has dropped a fair amount.

Soldato
I've had a SFF for the last 4 years, only recently started using one as my main machine. Only problem I've found so far is the lack of power, space and cooling which limits the choice of hardware. Although mine will undoubtedly end up a media center in the future.

I had to make a few modifications to mine with regards to the PSU size and cooling

MW

Back
Top Bottom