I keep getting RSPCA notes through my door

Soldato
RSPCA who received a beautiful wildlife garden/mini reserve in a guys will along with money as he wanted to make sure the animals were looked after....RSPCA sold it to housing developers and it was destroyed....

I'm not going to argue about it....

But I will say this, I personally don't know ins and outs and perhaps it was actually much more cost effective for them to sell it and use the funding elsewhere allowing them to have a bigger impact.

Soldato
Oversimplification? Maybe.

Is it inaccurate though? (I'm sure there are volunteers who do care about the animals. On the whole as an organisation however, in my experience they aren't interested at all.)

The problem lies in the bureaucracy that comes with being a large charity. So much redtape that interferes with their core principles.

Soldato
RSPCA who received a beautiful wildlife garden/mini reserve in a guys will along with money as he wanted to make sure the animals were looked after....RSPCA sold it to housing developers and it was destroyed....
That was one of the things that made me stop my monthly donations to them.

Associate
I personally don't know ins and outs and perhaps it was actually much more cost effective for them to sell it and use the funding elsewhere allowing them to have a bigger impact.
This guy gets it.

The problem with the RSPCA is that they're a charity but people think of them in the same terms of an emergency service. In the sense that they expect them to be able to do something about everything reported to them. The reality is they are funded by people's donation and have limited resources.

Are they a perfect organisation? No. But they do a tremendous amount of good for animals. If they didn't exist no one else would be fulfilling the role that they offer. Something that very few people realise.

In answer to the OP. Call the number and see what they want. They won't solicit you with calls and if they do you can ask to be removed from their data. They are legally required to do so if asked.

Soldato
OP
I'm back from a few days away and thought I'd give you an update:

2 more calling cards were left after my last post, so I did call the RSPCA number in the end. It was their Inspectors & Enforcement department, and apparently someone saw a cat vomiting outside my house. The operator I spoke to asked if it was mine? I said no, never had a pet in the 10+ years that I've lived here. She (the operator) said thanks for calling anyway, and that it was probably either somebody else's cat that was in my garden or the whistle-blower got the wrong address. I have fairly good neighbours, so I would be mortified if it was one of them. I think they all know that I'm pet-less (no cat flap either) so I reckon it was a postie / deliveries driver or someone else relatively unknown to me.

Soldato
I'm back from a few days away and thought I'd give you an update:

2 more calling cards were left after my last post, so I did call the RSPCA number in the end. It was their Inspectors & Enforcement department, and apparently someone saw a cat vomiting outside my house. The operator I spoke to asked if it was mine? I said no, never had a pet in the 10+ years that I've lived here. She (the operator) said thanks for calling anyway, and that it was probably either somebody else's cat that was in my garden or the whistle-blower got the wrong address. I have fairly good neighbours, so I would be mortified if it was one of them. I think they all know that I'm pet-less (no cat flap either) so I reckon it was a postie / deliveries driver or someone else relatively unknown to me.
All those calling cards for a cat throwing up?!!!

Soldato
I don't know what happened to the RSPCA, they used to be a good organisation. I guess it's down to poor leadership who are only interested in chasing money or something.

Back
Top Bottom