• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I killed my GTX570 Beast Ed :(

Soldato
OP at least you had "some" fun, when I water cooled some 470's, I went away from the rig, during which time a leak sprung and one of the cards got fried lol....

I wasnt even overclocking them at that point!

Good on you for pushing the envelope though.

Associate
OP
For your viewing pleasure.

1000core.png

20111005063106.jpg

Toasty, still smells burnt.

Soldato
I say fair play the reason we have voltage unlocks and overclocking made simple through software is because off people like you ......

People who want that little bit more how alwasy thinks this can go fast a true enthusiast and will say to hell with it when it frys as thats living life on the ragged edge !!

So i rasie my glass to your toasted 570 and you for for pushing it 1ghz core on sli is some achivement :cool:

Associate
OP
I say fair play the reason we have voltage unlocks and overclocking made simple through software is because off people like you ......

People who want that little bit more how alwasy thinks this can go fast a true enthusiast and will say to hell with it when it frys as thats living life on the ragged edge !!

So i rasie my glass to your toasted 570 and you for for pushing it 1ghz core on sli is some achivement :cool:

Thank you! Its what benching is all about, I had a lot of fun :D

Associate
OP
Least I'm not going to burn it.

Hell, I might turn it up to 5Ghz, see what it does, not like I haven't got volts and degrees to spare.

Shame about your GTX 570, but you must have known 1Ghz was pushing it for 24/7 clocks. :p

Overclock your cpu more if you want too, I like to get all the performance out of my pc. I enjoy benching and overclocking

1ghz core was for benching only. I know the dangers of overclocking, if I wasn't willing to replace any damages then I wouldn't be overclocking at all

Associate
Overclock your cpu more if you want too, I like to get all the performance out of my pc. I enjoy benching and overclocking

1ghz core was for benching only. I know the dangers of overclocking, if I wasn't willing to replace any damages then I wouldn't be overclocking at all

Well that was pretty unlucky then I'd say. Still, the very upper limit for Fermi cards is right about the 1Ghz mark.

Associate

People who want that little bit more how always thinks this can go fast a true enthusiast and will say to hell with it when it frys as thats living life on the ragged edge !!

So i raise my glass to your toasted 570 and you for for pushing it 1ghz core on sli is some achievement :cool:

I have to agree with Mr May. After seeing some posts trying to take the mickey out fo you for pushing to hard, I say good for you mate for doing so.

Bummer that you broke something, but that's what pushing limits are for to be broken. :p

Back
Top Bottom