I little help would go a long way...

Associate
Well where do i start, i bought the following rig:

3700+ SD
2x 1GB (2x512) Crucial DDR500 Ballistix
1900x 512 GPU
Lan Party UT CFX3200-DR Mobo

The rest is irrelivant i guess...

Ne who im trying to put all my ram into my board but every time i do this i get no output to my screen or if i do its black and the computer makes no noise (as in it doesnt beep).

So i initially figure its the of the Ram sets ive been given and i RMA it.

Turns out its not faulty and apparently theres a compatibility issue with my ram and the board i got. So a BIOS flash and one returened RMA later i try again, same problem. I was told the board has trouble detecting the timings on the ram (by Crucial Tech support) so i went and got all of them (or worked them out) DFI overclocking features r extensive (i didnt evn kno there was a TREF). Here are the timings i used:

TCL 3
TRCD 4
TRP 4
TRCD 8
TRC 12
TRFC 16
TRRD 4
TWR 3
TWTR 2
TRWT 4
TREF 3120

So like i said still it doesnt work, turns out it wont boot when i mix the pairs with each other in any of the slots. If i use one pair it works if i use the other it works but if i use both nothing!

Also my system hangs some times, when im using it with only one pait in it (this is especially noticable with music playing) only hangs for bout 0.5 seconds but doesnt evr seem to crash due to it. Ive tested one of the pairs with MemTest 86 (havent done other as it was in post at the tym and am doing it now). The memory tested faulty and always on the same 3 sectors but this ram was supposedly pre-tested by OCUK.

So now im starting to think it myt b the board (evn tho i pray it isnt) which insidently generates the error code C0 on the little display thats mounted to the board, when i put all the ram in.

Not that i can find the error codes for the board any where. So now im stuck with the idea of RMAing the board but i rlly dont want to unless theres a good chance it is faulty...so i figured id ask for some help.

Many Thanks

iNDEH

Back
Top Bottom