I need a Air Cooler for a Asrock Z370M Pro4

Soldato
Depends how far you want to push the overclock, if overclocking then delidding is also pretty much a prerequisite, or if you only want a moderate overclock then most £30-£50 tower coolers should be good.

Soldato
OP
Depends how far you want to push the overclock, if overclocking then delidding is also pretty much a prerequisite, or if you only want a moderate overclock then most £30-£50 tower coolers should be good.

Thanks
I've been looking at videos but it's hard to find one that won't touch the ram. Yes I want just a mild OC.

Soldato
The team group vulcan stuff is very low profile, and unless you go for a mahoosiive heatsink, it's only the first 2 ram slots you need to worry about.

Personally, big ram fins are a waste of time, they just look flashy.

Soldato
OP
The team group vulcan stuff is very low profile, and unless you go for a mahoosiive heatsink, it's only the first 2 ram slots you need to worry about.

Personally, big ram fins are a waste of time, they just look flashy.

I should have said but I've already got the ram. Yes it's got a high heatsink :)
But I got 4 sticks(16GB 3000hz) at half price :eek::D

Associate
This is the motherboard I'm going to get. All 4 ram slots will be full.

What air cooler would be good for a 8700K?

Thanks
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £97.84 (includes shipping: £9.90)

These should both work for a reasonable overclock, and both say they won't obstruct RAM.

Alpenholm:
Thanks to this design, not a single RAM slot is being obstructed by the cooler on most motherboards on the market, not even when the fan is installed on the front side in a pushing configuration as it is most commonly done. Nothing stands in your way when you plan on using all RAM slots on your board.

Cryorig:
With the central positioning of the heatpipes and the heat sink to the base plate, the CPU cooler can be installed in such a way that it does not protrude over the RAM modules. RAM modules with their own oversized heat sinks can also be installed, regardless of which direction the Cryorig H5 Universal is placed in.

Soldato
OP
What RAM and case are you using?

Hi. It's a Thermaltake Core V21.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £97.84 (includes shipping: £9.90)

These should both work for a reasonable overclock, and both say they won't obstruct RAM.

Alpenholm:

Cryorig:

Thank you.
I will read up on these. I'm going to buy all the parts then wait for 8700K price to come back to normal.

Soldato
I've used Cryorig H5 and found it to be a great cooler. Alphenfohn Brocken looks good too. I think Cryorig mount is better, but Brocken is quieter.

Soldato
ASRock Z370M Pro4 has about 77.9mm center CPU to near side of PCIe socket and 52mm to near side of RAM socket.

Thermaltake Core V21 has 185mm CPU clearance so plenty of room for cooler. Fan over RAM is fan size + RAM height <190mm

Have no experience with Core V21, but looks kinda interesting. Had a couple very bad experiences with Tt long time ago and see them stealing other companies' designs, so haven't used and don't plan to use anything Tt.

Soldato
OP
ASRock Z370M Pro4 has about 77.9mm center CPU to near side of PCIe socket and 52mm to near side of RAM socket.

Thermaltake Core V21 has 185mm CPU clearance so plenty of room for cooler. Fan over RAM is fan size + RAM height <190mm

Have no experience with Core V21, but looks kinda interesting. Had a couple very bad experiences with Tt long time ago and see them stealing other companies' designs, so haven't used and don't plan to use anything Tt.

Nice one dude :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for update.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts after it's built with case airflow setup properly.

I done a overclock via the Asus overclocking in the bios.
CPU-Z says it's 5.1 GH and the temps are 65c @1.34V. That sound ok for a 8700k cpu?

I have no clue what I'm doing on the motherboard :o

EDIT= I just tried Cinebench a few times and it went up to 80c is that to high?
It says my CPU is 1614cb?

Last edited:
Soldato
I done a overclock via the Asus overclocking in the bios.
CPU-Z says it's 5.1 GH and the temps are 65c @1.34V. That sound ok for a 8700k cpu?

I have no clue what I'm doing on the motherboard :o

EDIT= I just tried Cinebench a few times and it went up to 80c is that to high?
It says my CPU is 1614cb?
65c is fine, 80c is to me at least 5c too high for sustained lengths of time.

I don't have an 8700 so don't know what recommended setting are. Hopefully someone who is knowledgeable about 8700 overclocking with reply.

Back
Top Bottom