I really should just buy the right car in the first place, e92 M3 gone, replaced with....

Soldato
I thought Iceman had been there done that with the Pilot thing and then decided to go into medical etc. :o

Congrats on the new car purchase, though it seems like you are changing cars every 3 months. :D

He did one, and then was in the middle of doing the other, and was going to be a flying Dr iirc.

Adopted son? He's like 10 and your 28 WTF, or were you just kidding?

It's not conventional but it does speak volumes, and makes Robbie G look all the more hilarious.

Permabanned
I think you should have said "clique" rather than the "elite crew".

[ui]ICEMAN;20231014 said:
99% of the Nissan salesmen know nothing about the GTR, this want surprising to me, nor was it the first time.

You got a bargain, they do say money goes to money :p

Caporegime
[ui]ICEMAN;20228712 said:
The first salesman told me the car was an '11 with 900 miles on it for $76k which is bang on what you can buy one TRADE for, perhaps even a touch under so it instantly piqued my interest. After appraising my M3 and getting the numbers on the GTR, one of the sales managers comes over to assist on the deal to answer any questions I may have and to start the tedious negotiations. Naturally I wanted to know the in service date so I could know how long was left on the warranty. Well he comes back and tells me the first part of the warranty will expire in less than a year; cue shocked look on my wife and I's faces. Turns out the car's an '09 with 8k miles on it!

I kind of went along with the "i get a good deal thing" at first, because if he says a got a good deal, then fair dos

But i'm now utterly confused.

The car is up for sale at $76,000, is a 2011 model with 900 miles.

So he goes away and tells you that actually the car is actually a 2009 car with 8000 miles.

How does the car being older and more miles make it more of a bargain. Surely being older and more miles its value would be less than the sticker price surely ?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I kind of went along with the "i get a good deal thing" at first, because if he says a got a good deal, then fair dos

But i'm now utterly confused.

The car is up for sale at $76,000, is a 2011 model with 900 miles.

So he goes away and tells you that actually the car is actually a 2009 car with 8000 miles.

How does the car being older and more miles make it more of a bargain. Surely being older and more miles its value would be less than the sticker price surely ?

[ui]ICEMAN;20229393 said:
In the US the '11 is the same as the '09. The new more powerful tweaked model is the '12 over here so don't get those confused! '12's are up for over $100k here now too because of the tsunami killing the supply, which is insane given the MSRP is only $92k for those.

An '09 with low miles here is worth mid to high 70's, so for me to walk out with a minter for $70k including a two year extended warranty is an incredible price. Even trade price dealer to dealer is 73-74k on a car like mine.

Caporegime
Right.

So he thought he was getting an incredible deal, a 2011 for 2009 prices. Turns out he wasn't, and the price was fair for its true age.

But he managed to negotiate a discount anyway.

Got it.

Associate
Nice car, I too have recently been tempted by one of these, but haven't made the plunge quite yet - shame about all the haters and non-believers who probably aren't old enough even to drive

olv

olv

Soldato
Right.

So he thought he was getting an incredible deal, a 2011 for 2009 prices. Turns out he wasn't, and the price was fair for its true age.

But he managed to negotiate a discount anyway.

Got it.

Breton-Hat-Rack-White.jpg

Man of Honour
That's only on the Interstates and even then it's few and far between with most junctions asking drivers to drop to 65 or 55. Most (if not all) trunk roads are 55. Though, to be fair, all of these are 3 lane carriageways :o

The one thing I really love about driving in the Florida (US in general) is the Maximum 70 Minimum 55 signs. We should get some of them over here

Minimum 45 you mean?

Soldato
The one thing I really love about driving in the Florida (US in general) is the Maximum 70 Minimum 55 signs. We should get some of them over here

Ah yes, I am forever joining motorways in this country and getting stuck behind tractors and other slow moving vehicles. What an excellent use of tax payer money that would be :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom