I thank god for SWGemu!

Associate
I'm so glad to be able to return to this game and have it be the way that I loved before SOE destroyed it!

Unless the guys now running the server take note of what happened before i give it 6/12 months before the server is full of nothing but Jedi

That was the reason soe nuked it, they should have never taken away permadeath.... It's like the uk and their open book policy to immigration.

Back in the day I had the ultimate Jedi killing machine, TK Bounty hunter... Towards the end my probe droids were sending me to guild halls full and yes I mean full to the brim with Master Heal jedis... Untouchable and they knew it!

I logged out and never went back not long after that :(

Soldato
OP
Apparently SWGemu are going to introduce a hybrid system of the holocron grind followed by the village....... SWGreborn are apparently not having jedi at all

Associate
Like many i instantly quit playing when soe destroyed it, played from release.was a sad day for swg.

Any suggestions where i might be able to get another copy of the cd's from.gave my original away with a load of old games few years back.....argggh.

Soldato
It is good - but it is still quite buggy...

I only hope they continue to work at it - They've been working on it for a long time now, and it could be very good, but at the moment their servers don't seem to be up to the task. There were time where I ran for about five minutes and I was thrown back about 2 or 3 minutes due to lag :p

Soldato
OP
The server is a bit naff like, though they are upgrading the box soon so hopefully things won't be so bad....

To be honest though as soon as they release the finished product I'm moving to the SWG REBORN as the server is said to be top notch, can handle 3000 players with no lag etc etc plus I have heard that in order to keep it lined up with canon there will be no jedi to bork everything up!

I think most people will be migrating to them to be honest..... especially if SWGemu don't move to a better host!

Soldato
plus I have heard that in order to keep it lined up with canon there will be no jedi to bork everything up!

I doubt it, they alter the route to becoming a Jedi on a regular basis to mix things up, but i think keeping it to the holocron system where it gives you a class to grind is the best way, not some mysterious village that pretty much was the start of mass Jedi appearing on SWG.

Associate
I doubt it, they alter the route to becoming a Jedi on a regular basis to mix things up, but i think keeping it to the holocron system where it gives you a class to grind is the best way, not some mysterious village that pretty much was the start of mass Jedi appearing on SWG.

Agree, but the village quests were some of the best quests to be included in any iteration of SWG.

Associate
I think at the very least they should bring the saber tef back, jedi won't be showing off in front of coronet starport if everyone can kill them.

And the holocron system was far better than the village, as soon as the village appeared you had people grinding 24/7 throwing grenades at everything that moved on dath. I wouldn't want to play a game without jedi however, bounty hunting is the best content in any game i've ever played.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
To this day I think it was one of the best games I had ever played until it was ruined. The scale of the PvP battles was just intense, huge zergs of people rushing after each other on Naboo, the player owned faction bases, combat medics black barring you in a few ticks. Then there were the 1v1s that took forever to end!

Pure nostalgia! I played the Emu a while back before one of the wipes then stopped. I might play it again when it's even more ready!

Soldato
I especially remember it took ages to kill an Ancient Krayt Dragon and going on Rancor hunts. I can't believe SW:TOR doesn't have a Krayt Dragon as a World Boss or at least Krayt Dragons wondering around the Dune Sea.

I'll play the Emu when it's ready.

Soldato
I played SWG at release for a few months, never really got that far, would love to play it again especially if its free, how do i get in on this badboy? any links etc? :)

Si

Back
Top Bottom