I want a Ps4 should I buy new or?

Soldato
As title says. I have quite a powerful PC (sig not updated) but I never game on it anymore so I bought an Xbox 1 a couple of years ago and I love gaming on it. So I want a PS 4 now for console exclusive games like uncharted. So I might buy one for Christmas for myself and I'm wondering should I buy brand new or go to CEX and buy used for cheap as I did when I got a 360. 1TB would be good. Or should I wait for the new PS 4.5 and if so how much more are they gonna cost?

Don
I would give it a couple of months to see how things pan out.

I imagine the PS4.5/Neo/Whatever will be around the £399 mark.

The Slim has already been leaked, and no doubt will be available soon, and is probably worth waiting for if buying new (as may be quieter/cooler running).

If buying used then it may be worth looking at Amazon as they do official Sony re-certified used for approx £200, complete with a new 12 month warranty.

Associate
As title says. I have quite a powerful PC (sig not updated) but I never game on it anymore so I bought an Xbox 1 a couple of years ago and I love gaming on it. So I want a PS 4 now for console exclusive games like uncharted. So I might buy one for Christmas for myself and I'm wondering should I buy brand new or go to CEX and buy used for cheap as I did when I got a 360. 1TB would be good. Or should I wait for the new PS 4.5 and if so how much more are they gonna cost?

If your not in a rush to get one I would say wait it out until more details are known on the PS4.5 as this will invariably drive the price of the "original" PS4 down.

Soldato
OP
Sound advice and kind of what I was thinking, thanks. I'm in no rush like I say I may buy for myself for Christmas. And in the meantime pick up some games. Providing they will work on the new ps4.5 if I go that route.

Soldato
I would wait to see what Sony announce next month, personally I would buy new seen as prices for both consoles are fairly good now and the ps4 might be even cheaper soon with a potential slim version.

Soldato
Think I'd wait it out now, Playstation press conference as mention should provide more information as the pricing for the newer slim should be announced and also details on the up and coming more powerful NEO spec PS4.

Soldato
Wow I'm loving that. Thanks man. I might go for this in the meantime and wait for the new PS4. Has anyone tried this? Only £12.99 a month :eek:

Yes, and its a great stop gap to play a good amount of PS3 games whilst you wait for a PS4 if you haven't got any PlayStation consoles at all.

It does need a few more of the better known Exclusives like the GT series adding, but overall its fairly decent if you have a great internet connection.

Cause some find the £12.99 a month too expensive, others think its a total rip off, some like it.

Soldato
OP
Just ran a check of my broadband speed, Im hitting 51.48 Mbps thats more than decent isnt it? I reckon £12.99 a month is good as long as its a good service and you can cancel anyway.

Soldato
Yes, and its a great stop gap to play a good amount of PS3 games whilst you wait for a PS4 if you haven't got any PlayStation consoles at all.

It does need a few more of the better known Exclusives like the GT series adding, but overall its fairly decent if you have a great internet connection.

Cause some find the £12.99 a month too expensive, others think its a total rip off, some like it.

If someone kept there subscription running for a year it works out at £155:eek:

Soldato
OP
Well it is a lot of money over a year but you are getting access to hundreds of games. And Im only intrested in using the service until I buy a new PS4. Just seems good for me. But I would need to go out and buy a Dualshock4 pad and wireless dongle though.

Soldato
Well it is a lot of money over a year but you are getting access to hundreds of games. And Im only intrested in using the service until I buy a new PS4. Just seems good for me. But I would need to go out and buy a Dualshock4 pad and wireless dongle though.

Yeah, It does depend on how many games you plan to play as well, could get them second hand plus a console cheaper, if you were only looking to play a few selected titles.

If its only a couple of months or until you get a ps4 like you say, its not bad really though.

Soldato

How much would it cost to buy ALL the games on PS Now + a PS3 and a PS+ sub to have your saves cloud stored as I think PS3 games are not stored in the cloud without a PS+ sub.

It does seem expensive, but its actually a cheap quick fix for PS3 gaming if you don't want the hassle of buying the kit, finding the games second hand, and the service will only increase with the number of games available.

I agree on both points, long term, its very expensive, but short term or once or twice a year or more then for less then £50 you get to play 300+ games for like 4 months of the year..

If I didn't have a PS3 or a PS4 and only had a PC which you can even hook up to a TV, and wanted to play some of the older back catalog PS3 games, then it seems ok to me...

I tried it on PC - it worked extremely well. One of the best streaming services for what it does Ive tried.. Very impressive Tech Sony has built on here, I know they purchased previous streaming services to make it work, but credit to Sony they have made it work.

And it does work with a 360 gamepad. But only of the game doesn't need motion sixaxis control.

Associate

I got my 2nd hand PS3 and a couple of PS4 games I wanted to play for much cheaper than that lol.

Not to mention that PSNOW depends on your internet connection. If it goes slow or decides to not connect one day.. say good bye to playing your games. Whereas the traditional method you can just play a game whenever, no internet required.

I'd recommend looking up a cheap used PS3. You'll likely save a lot in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom