i want to buy one blueray recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
in the internet i have seen very good reviews for ASUS BW-16D1HT
i dont know which to buy from these 2

ASUS BW-16D1HT or BDR-211EBK ??
in internet i have seen very positive reviews for ASUS BW-16D1HT in amazon.
i havent seen negative reviews for ASUS BW-16D1HT

so can you show me please where i can see the negative reviews for ASUS BW-16D1HT?
#?

Associate
the BDR-211EBK is a new model hence not many reviews is also double the price of the Asus because it's got 4k playback do you really need that ? if the budget is around £60 then get ASUS BW-16D1HT or a pioneer at the same price.

Associate
OP
LOOK I DONT NEED 4k playback because i believe is not nessasary SO IF WE DONT PUT As a filter this 4k playback .. what will be the difference between the BDR-211EBK and ASUS BW-16D1HT? in the other things??

Associate
OP
do you believe that ASUS BW-16D1HT is very good drive ??

is it worth to buy it?
asus has these features
Optical Drive Type: Blu-ray
Optical Drive Interface: SATA
Connector Type: SATA
Media Load Type: Motorised Tray
Performance
DVD-ROM Read Speed:
16X
DVD-R Read Speed: 16X
DVD+R Read Speed: 16X
DVD-RW Read Speed: 12X
DVD+RW Read Speed: 12X
DVD-RAM Read Speed: 5X
DVD-R Dual Layer Read Speed: 12X
DVD+R Dual Layer Read Speed: 12X
DVD-R Write Speed: 16X
DVD+R Write Speed: 16X
DVD-RW Write Speed: 6X
DVD-RAM Write Speed: 5X
DVD+RW Write Speed: 8X
DVD -R Dual Layer Write Speed: 8X
DVD +R Dual Layer Write Speed: 8X
CD-ROM Read Speed: 48X
CD-R Read Speed: 48X
CD-RW Read Speed: 40X
CD-R Write Speed: 48X
CD-RW Write Speed: 24X
Access Time (Blu-ray): 180ms (Blu-ray)
Access Time (DVD): 160ms (DVD)
Access Time (CD): 150ms (CD)
BD-ROM Read Speed: 12X
BD-R Read Speed: 12X
BD-RE Read Speed: 8X
BD-ROM DL Read Speed: 8X
BD-R DL Read Speed: 8X
BD-RE DL Read Speed: 6X
BD-RE Write Speed: 2X
BD-RE DL Write Speed: 2X
DVD-ROM DL Read Speed: 12X
Environmental
Operating Temperature:
5 to 40 C
Operating Humidity: 20 to 80 %
Physical
Form Factor:
Blu-Ray Drive
Enclosure type: Internal
Enclosure Colour: Black
Mounting Kit: Vertical and Horizontal
In The Box: Asus BW-16D1HT 16X SATA Blu-Ray Recorder Drive
Width: 14.6 cm
Depth: 17 cm
Height: 4.1 cm
Weight: 0.75 kg

and pionner has these features
PRODUCT INFORMATION:
ULTRA HD 4K BLU RAY WRITER INCLUDES CYBERLINK - RETAIL
Pioneer High Fidelity Taiwan Co.Ltd today unveiled its new internal BD/DVD/CD writer, the BDR-211EBK. The new model supports Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using bundled CyberLink PowerDVD®14 software.

The market for 4K resolution is expected to expand significantly as demand increases for definition higher than full HD. The BDR-211EBK meets that need, enabling PC users to enjoy 4K content via a PC, as well as providing up to 16x 2 maximum BD-R writing speed (BD-R: SL 25GB) and the ability to read and write a variety of BD (SL 25GB/DL 50GB) and BDXL (BD-R XL: TL 100GB/ QL 128GB, BD-RE XL: TL 100GB) discs.

Features Include:
- Ultra HD Blu-ray playback – the BDR-211EBK supports Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using the bundled CyberLink software. Ultra HD Blu-ray includes content up to 4K resolution (3840 pixels horizontal×2160pixels vertical) and a wider range of colours compared to full HD.
- Faster burning – Up to 16x² maximum write speed on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs and 8x on BD-R triple-layer discs.
- Compatible with Windows® 10 – The BDR-211EBK and bundled software are compatible with the latest Windows® OS, Windows 10.
- Region Code Change – BDR-211EBK has DVD regional playback control. It allows users to set the region of the drive up to five times.

Other features:

Store more data – Support for BDXL media, which stores up to 156% more data than 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™, including 100GB Triple Layer (TL) and 128GB Quadruple Layer (QL) discs.

QuickPlay – BD-ROM and DVD-ROM discs are ready quickly after insertion.

PowerRead – Through its PowerRead feature, the BDR-211EBK provides smoother movie playback when a disc is marked with fingerprints or has minor surface scratches. When the drive is not able to read through these obstructed areas of a disc, it will quickly move forward to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback.

Auto Quiet Mode – The drive monitors how it is being used and will adjust its disc rotation speed automatically, using quieter mode (slower speed) when watching Blu-ray and DVD titles or listening to conventional audio CDs.

PureRead3+ – Clicking or popping sounds that might normally occur due to minor scratches and fingerprints on CDs can be prevented on some discs with the drive’s PureRead3+ technology, which allows the drive to adjust its optical playback settings dynamically through the use of a unique algorithm.

Peak power Reducer – This power saving mode enables the drive to suppress power consumption at peak operation. It keeps stable operation in case of a drop in power supply.

CyberLink Software Included:

PowerDVD 14 UHD-BD
PowerDVD is the market-leading media player for Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray. Watch high definition movies with better image and audio quality than with typical streaming.

Power2Go 8
Easily burn and back up content to Blu-ray, DVD, and CD media; includes system recovery tools. BDXL format supports 128GB Quadruple Layer and 100GB Triple Layer Blu-ray discs.

PowerDirector 14 LE
Make movies with fast, powerful video editing tools. Edit high definition movies and upload them to social media
websites with the included software.

InstantBurn 5
Packet-writing solution allows the user to operate disc burner as if it was another hard drive or floppy disk.

Label Print 2.5
Design and print stylish disc labels in four easy steps.

PhotoDirector 5 LE
Complete editing and adjustment tools to bring photos to life.

NOTE
To play back Ultra HD Blu-ray, all equipment must use HDMI 2.0a connections supporting HDCP2.2 and HDR.
16x BD-R write speed achieved using certain media. Refer to the media support list.

Triple and quadruple layer BDXL discs can only be used in BDXL drives.
PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or in all PC environments.
PureRead3+ is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or in all PC environments.

Speeds
Maximum Write Speed:
- 16X CAV at BD-R
- 14X CAV at BD-R DL
- 8X PCAV at BD-R LTH
- 8X ZCLV at BD-R TL
- 6X ZCLV at BD-R QL
- 2X CLV at BD-RE/-RE DL/-RE TL
- 16X CAV at DVD-R/+R
- 8X Z- CLV at DVD+RW, DVD-R DL/+R DL
- 6X CLV at DVD-RW
- 5X CLV at DVD-RAM
- 40X CAV at CD-R
- 24X Z- CLV at CD-RW

Maximum Read Speed
- 4X PCAV at UHD BD
- 12X CAV at BD-ROM, BD-R
- 10X CAV at BD-RE
- 8X CAV at BD-ROM DL, BD-R DL
- 6X CAV at BD-RE DL
- 6X CLV at BD-R TL, BD-R QL
- 4x CLV at BD-RE TL
- 8X CAV at BD-R LTH
- 16X CAV at DVD-ROM, DVD-R/+R
- 12X CAV at DVD-ROM DL, DVD-RW/+RW and
- DVD-R DL/+R DL
- 5X CLV at DVD-RAM
- 40X CAV at CD-ROM, CD-R
24X CAV at CD-RW

do you believe that they they have the same features?? and only the 4k playback is make the double prize/?

Associate
OP
i mean is it worth to buy?? the pioneer?? or is better to buy the ASUS BW-16D1HT??

i did copy paste the features for to tell me if there are big differences between these 2..

Is this feature actually worth the extra money"?? which has this pionner??
sorry my english are not very good and i ask my apologizes for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
just buy the ASUS BW-16D1HT It has excellent reviews everywhere i have looked , like i said the high price of the pioneer and the big difference is the included 4k playback complete waste of money if you do not need it.

Associate
OP
ok my friend

i will buy ASUS BW-16D1HT and also it doesnt worth to spend 170 euros for one 4k playback

also can i ask something ASUS BW-16D1HT can write 4k movies in bluray disks??

or only writes bluray disks?>?

aLSO CAN I ASK SOMETHING DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS PIONNERR WRITES AND READS DVDS,, BLURAYS AND CDS MORE FASTER THAN ASUS BW-16D1HT?

OR THESE 2 ARE IN THE SAME LEVELS>??>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom