I want to overclock my CPU

Associate
Hey all, newbie to posting here, but iv visited here frequently. Heres my setup atm:

AMD 4200+ X2 (skt 939)
Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
Corsair XMS 3200 1gb
XFX 7600gt XXX edition with arctic cooler nv6 silencer (rev 2)
Enermax Noistaker 485w
2x 80gb maxtor HDDs
Gigabyte Aurora case

My plans in the very near future are to buy a Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 Aero Cooler for my CPU and to buy a Kama Bay intake fan and fit it below my optical drives in the front of my PC, which would be right in line with the fan on the CPU i mentioned above – hopefully itl be cooler for it by feeding it colder air.

ATM I have the stock cooler on my CPU and have idle temps of around 40°C and rise to about 50-55°C when playing games such as BF2 on near high settings. I did contemplate buying the Zalman 9700 NT or Thermaltake Big Typhoon, but because of the weight and size its unlikely I wont get one.
Iv looked on google for a walk through and i just cant find one.

Im a complete newbie when it comes to CPU overclocking so i havent a clue what is what. Basically could anyone provide me with any links, information or even a walk through that would allow me to safely overclock my CPU easily.

Whilst looking through the google search engine I have found people overclocked there CPU with stock cooler to 2.4ghz, also found that some have overclocked to 2.7ghz with stability and decent temps (not sure which cooler) and I also read once that someone reached speeds of 2.8ghz on air cooling (again, not sure which cooler).

Ideally I want to achieve at least 2.5ghz, but have no idea how. So any info will be useful.

Thanks
Maxta

Associate
There is an extremely good beginners guide sticky at the top of this forum, I am also a bit of a noob and it helped me a lot in terms of all the relevant BIOS settings and the best way to do it without frying your components!

Good luck with your OC. :D

Back
Top Bottom